DSG Gear Shifter, Problem Or Can I Modify?

Evening all,

This is really beginning to annoy me, it's happened a number of times now I keep accidentally knocking it from drive into neutral, usually after I've had it in manual then forget I've put it back in drive. Is it supposed to have a lock out, ie you have to press the button or can I modify it so it needs the button pressed?

Thanks

Dave

Its not a DSG, but thats how the stick works in my Subaru. The button is only needed to put it into reverse or in and out of park. Its a safety feature so you can push it to N while at the lights (and back again), without the risk of putting it in R.

a dsg remap does not "lock" it or change that 'feature'.

it sux though that u need to press the button to take it from "N" to "D", but don't need to press the button from "D" to "N".

The lock is software controlled though, so who knows what's possible by altering the code.

With my foot on the brake I certainly don't have to press the button in to go from n to d