My Fabia Monte Carlo 1.6tdi

Bentylersage

I've been on here a little while now and not had time to get a thread started until now. I've recently picked up a fabia monte carlo 1.6tdi 105bhp model. All in all I'm quite impressed with it and hopefully I won't go to mad with it as it's used as my daily.

Here are some pic's from when I picked her up

• 4 weeks later...

Thought it was about time for a good service with oem parts except for the filter. I decided to go with a revo replacement element instead as it works out more cost-effective plus better gains over the stock item.

I found this when removing the old one

DSC_0410_zpsaoudyvu6.jpg

So much for the full service history eh?

Anyway all fixed with this now ;)

DSC_0411_zpsjvpx8roy.jpg

DSC_0413_zpsucpeqouu.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not at the he moment sorry ,the dyno was being serviced at the time of mapping so didn't get it done and been to busy driving it to get it done lately

If all goes to plan I've got some lowering springs to fit this weekend ,I've gone a different route from the norm so I hope my gamble pays off. I'll snap a picture of the part number for you if your still stuck for it

I work for a company called indigo-gt so mapped it ourselves.

R1chard - I didn't sorry, left it as it was. I did read up on a few members finding. How does it fair up to the water now? As I would assume it's there to stop direct contact with the water.

The mats I got from tps our local vw parts suppliers bud

Edited by Bentylersage

Bucko - I went with our software and not revo only because with revo we have to desolder a chip on the board in order to map where as this version is just a bench map. Its £299 for just the remap or £349 to have it done with the dyno. I can offer revo but not sure of the cost off the top of my head.

That is true Richard I may give this ago as a future mod be interested to see how much difference it makes

Nice monte ive cut out that bit in the airbox with no ill effects.

You dont need to enable the ecu to remap it anymore then might tap you up closer to christmas santas getting me a remap lol, Well after the emissions recall is sorted anyway 

• 1 month later...

Not much with a stage 2 probably about 15bhp I would expect but the response would be vastly improved. Stage 3 on the other hand should see a good few extra ponies

What do stages 2 and 3 involve?

• Like 1

Stage 2 i would say needs a turbo back exhaust system with dpf removal, egr blanks, Intercooler and a remap to compensate  

Stage 3 would be turbo swap and possible injector nozzles if needed aswell as a remap again