Anyone own a pre-facelift Laurin & Klement Twindoor!?

Hi all,

Most of you may be aware that I have retro-fitted the OEM LED rear light clusters to my 2011 Superb Twindoor (hatchback), see here...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/317380-skoda-superb-mkii-pre-facelift-led-rear-light-cluster-conversion/

They don't quite function as they should due to the way the car is coded, as a result I'm keen to find the correct coding from an L&K.

I know it is a long shot but I'm hoping there might be someone out there with an L&K who also owns or has access to VCDS. They could then run a scan on their car and share with me the 09 Central Electronics coding. This will then help me (together with a very friendly member on here who has offered to play with my BCM) to get it put right.

Yours hopefully,

Roy.

P.S if this is your car please let me know, I need your coding!  :D

2012_skoda_superb_laurin_klement_12_1024

skoda-superb-combi-laurin-klement-design

I think this got a little confused on PM.

You're completely correct Gizmo68, VCDS will only show 00 for these cars. I was hoping that someone around East Anglia, ideally Cambridgeshire might have a similar car to Roy that I would be able to plug into ODIS-e and have a look at 51 bytes of the BCM EEPROM, not the long coding via VCDS.

These 51 bytes are what actually contain the lighting configuration and decide which terminal on the BCM is responsible for each light function along with cold/hot bulb checks and brightness etc. This will allow me to restore the stock functionally to his car as some of his previous byte 18 experimentation has left him without DRL's. Once this is done, I've got a good idea of how to sort out his LED tail lights but it would also be useful to scan a L&K with LED tail lights to confirm the new coding.

In a nutshell, if you're around Cambridgeshire and have a 2011 Superb SE twindoor and wouldn't mind me checking the light configuration, it would be super useful to help restore Roy's initial configuration. Equally if you have a L&K with the LED tail lights, that would also be great to grab the configuration from.

• Like 2

Thanks gents, I mentioned the loss of DRL's to the Skoda dealer today during it's regular service and they managed to recode the BCM to get them working again...

IMG_7668_zpsrcsgzwtb.jpg

Byte 18 was on 1C (no DRL's), they changed it to 38 (strangely it wasn't masked back to 00 when I checked at home this evening)...

Byte%2018%201_zpsivykltim.jpg

38 is a new one on me as it doesn't appear to be listed in VCDS...

Byte%2018%202_zps8piessu8.jpg

The problem is I now have the rear fog lights lit at reduced brightness when the tail lights are on, and only my nearside (passenger side) fog light works at full brightness when I turn on the rear fogs...

IMG_7667_zpsadfl5b3g.jpg

All very strange  :D

I have a pre face lift L&K but no VCDS I'm afraid, unless you know someone near me who can do it for you.

Edited by Danny 57
  • Like 1

Thanks Danny, langers2k is the guy generously offering to help me. It seems we need more than VCDS so it looks like a tough call.

He has a plan B though (and C, D and E by all accounts!) so watch this space!