2.0 Tsi intakes

K&N also do one. All of the will set you back over £150-400.

Personally the VWR one seems the best for power vs OME look. But the APR if you want some bling in you bay

I have a K&N panel filter in mine which has made an improvement.

You can understand why when you see the depth of the standard paper element and the plastic noise reducer/ snow catcher in the bottom of the airbox!

post-4222-0-45179000-1438414391_thumb.jpg

Standard filter/K&N

post-4222-0-23988700-1438414427_thumb.jpg

Noise reduction/snow catcher (someone elses name for it not mine)

post-4222-0-03340500-1438414306_thumb.jpg

Removed

Thanks for the replies.

I have a K&n panel filter in at the minute but I miss the sound that an intake makes rather than for any power. So really the intake is only really for noise so don't want to spend a fortune. I will be remapping in the future for my power gains :)

I can't seem to find a K&n intake for the mk3's. I saw someone had a CTS turbo intake but can't seem to find a UK stockist.

I'll check out the links above though.

Thanks

I'd stick with a fully sealed system, with a cold air intake like the original, it is like that for various reasons!

Washable, re-oilable cotton filters are the best in the long term. Just leave them over night to absorb & then wipe all excess off. Never had any problems with my Green Cotton CAI kit I built & ran for about 7yrs on my Fabia!

Just remember you can't remap to 300bhp without any change in air filter... What makes you think it's restricting performance at 220bhp? The bigger standard filter means it has more surface area to filter and let air through than your aftermarket filter? More surface area is a good thing on an air filter!

• Like 1

I'd stick with a fully sealed system, with a cold air intake like the original, it is like that for various reasons!

Washable, re-oilable cotton filters are the best in the long term. Just leave them over night to absorb & then wipe all excess off. Never had any problems with my Green Cotton CAI kit I built & ran for about 7yrs on my Fabia!

I wouldn't recommend any oiled filter on a MAF equipped intake.  Eventually it will contaminate the sensor in the MAF.

There are plenty of good quality washable dry filters out there that will do a great job if you really want washable.

I stick with the standard paper filters.  They are cheap, flow well (even when remapped) and it doesn't matter if  the numpty in the garage bins them.

• Like 1

Only just notice I said you can't remap to 300bhp without an air filter change! I ment to say "CAN" which is why I said why change the filter on a standard car. Oops

I knew what you meant

• Like 1