Need Help

I was cleaning my air intake manifold with carb cleaner and the long platic tube 4 each long and .5 mm wide got blow inside the manifold. My question is how much damage will it cause to the valve and turbo and if i start the engine?

any contrastive  advice will be greatly appreciated

Not sure what plastic tube you mean but you don't want anything but clean air in the intake. If you can't get it out, it's manifold off I would think.

thanks for quick reply, I bough a can of wynns injection cleaner and its the long thin plastic tube you place on the nozzle.   The darn thing went through where the air temp hole is. I guess i'll have to remove the intake manifold or pay some one to remove it for me. Arhhhgg not what i need right now...

Edited by vRSrod

Are we talking about the plastic "straw" that comes on a can of WD40 (for example)?  If so - I would very, very much recommend removing it by what ever clever means possible to prevent (likely) turbo demolition chain reaction destroying engine :peek:

If you didn't start the engine - this might be possible: get a length of hosepipe, and hold it loosely inside the suction pipe of an old hoover (that you don't care about if it get oily gubb inside!), and try to suck the offending tube back out.   Course, if you have started the engine with the tube still in, it may already be too late :no:

Are we talking about the plastic "straw" that comes on a can of WD40 (for example)?  If so - I would very, very much recommend removing it by what ever clever means possible to prevent (likely) turbo demolition chain reaction destroying engine :peek:

If you didn't start the engine - this might be possible: get a length of hosepipe, and hold it loosely inside the suction pipe of an old hoover (that you don't care about if it get oily gubb inside!), and try to suck the offending tube back out.   Course, if you have started the engine with the tube still in, it may already be too late :no:

Hi Spannaz

Yes its the plastic straw. I haven't started the engine yet... for a split second i was about to as i thought it would just melt the tube in the combustion chamber. Good thing i didn't

Hi Spannaz

Yes its the plastic straw. I haven't started the engine yet... for a split second i was about to as i thought it would just melt the tube in the combustion chamber. Good thing i didn't

It will melt (and get chewed up etc), but before it disintegrates, it will melt and stick to components such as Turbo Vanes throwing it out of balance, which at up to 100,000 rpm is likely to throw a vane (broken turbo at this point at least) into the induction throat, and if it or any part gets past a valve (or worse jams one open), valve(s) meets piston(s) would be probable.  Dead engine needing a new head likely outcome.

Or, it might all be ok.   But, I for one would not risk a few grand for a straw/tube. :no:

Edited by Spannaz