PROGRESSSSSSSSS/bargin :D

i got me a very good deal on some wheels

DSC_1456_zps2ma4redk.jpg

they suit the car well

DSC_1457_zpsrnogvkyv.jpg

abit close for my liking but that will be sorted adventually

DSC_1458_zpsevkkzdfn.jpg

it has a nice stance now too :)

the problem i have with the rear was on the lowering springs it was a closer gap, so we swapped his rear coilovers aswell (didnt have time to do the fronts :() and the coilovers are on there highest settings :( :D

also the car has made it into the SOCGB mag aswell a few times :)

What size are those wheels? My rapid is 30mm lower and had the skoda 17"... I wanted to go 18" but not sure what affect it would have. I'd also bought a front splitter (maxton one) but fear I would be a snow plough!

Hey Copey!

I would like to ask a question as you seem to have some experience now in lowering Rapids :D

I own a rapid 2015 1.6tdi 77kw. And...

I ve installed these lowering spings: https://www.awesomegti.com/default-category/st-suspension-lowering-springs-skoda-rapid-nh/

My problem is the front of the car is just bouncing like hell when someone huge sits in my car(like 90kg guy).

I think the problem is that the front is really heavy. I mean 1.6tdi is the heaviest. And the stock shock absorbers are not working really well with the lowering springs.

I red your topic and If I m not mistaken I can fit Fabia 2 RS or Ibiza, Polo GTI shock absorbers into my lowered rapid? Will they fit? and will it reduce my problem?

Here is one from fabia2 RS: http://www.cc-autodily.cz/tlumic-teleskop-predni-6_6?sort=cena_dph

or should I order from Bilstein: http://www.cc-autodily.cz/tlumic-predni-plynovy-1?sort=cena_dph

My main goal is to maintain ride comfort. I heard that sport shock absorbers are on the other hand too hard.

Kind regards,

Bubu

(sry for my english)

Hi bubu,

Mine is currently on shocks that come off a 2.0tdi ibiza fr 2010 model, and they fit perfectly. And i believe most of them to be the same chassis? You could always try and get the dampers for a rapid sport? And see how they go? Other than that its basically trial and error to find whats best for you

What size are those wheels? My rapid is 30mm lower and had the skoda 17"... I wanted to go 18" but not sure what affect it would have. I'd also bought a front splitter (maxton one) but fear I would be a snow plough!

30mm that it..... Haha im at around 50/60 and you will be fine with the splitter.

Me personally i wouldnt go any bigger than 17s, as these are 17x8 and im struggling. + if you went bigger you would loose some tyre so less comfort too, bossfox would be best to comment on the 18s. Ill get onto him so he can inform :)

Me personally i wouldnt go any bigger than 17s, as these are 17x8 and im struggling. + if you went bigger you would loose some tyre so less comfort too, bossfox would be best to comment on the 18s. Ill get onto him so he can inform :)

The 18" rims did give a firm ride.  Overly firm to be honest as they really need 35 section tyres.

They look great but are really a bit of a compromise, looks over usability.

And easy to damage, I did one just on a pothole that wasn't that bad, all down to the tiny tyres.

• Like 1

I thought that'd be the case... In terms of ride height it's not super low but I do have mud flaps and they catch all the speed bumps round here!I think it's where skoda should have put it to begin with (but then again they did with this one!) Our white one we had was like a 4x4 ;)

I thought that'd be the case... In terms of ride height it's not super low but I do have mud flaps and they catch all the speed bumps round here!I think it's where skoda should have put it to begin with (but then again they did with this one!) Our white one we had was like a 4x4 ;)

I dont think i can have mudflaps (would like to try them) as they might come off, my problem is i catch on the rear towing eye :P

Hi bubu,

Mine is currently on shocks that come off a 2.0tdi ibiza fr 2010 model, and they fit perfectly. And i believe most of them to be the same chassis? You could always try and get the dampers for a rapid sport? And see how they go? Other than that its basically trial and error to find whats best for you

Thank you. :clap:  Right... Did some research I think the front chassis is the same as ibiza or polo.  not sure about the fabia tho.

So you have Ibiza 2.0tdi fr set and its working well... I wonder if there is any difference between 1.4tsi FR and 2.0tdi FR shocks.

Now all I need is some kind of production code/number to find one. :notme:  

• 2 months later...

UPDATE

after a few months of this being quiet i thought it was best to do a update of what i have done and been annoyed at, well at times :D

first a nice picture of the car

DSC_1508_zpsuzbtiegi.jpg

I done a few LED upgrades on the car... Drls, Sidelights, License plate bulbs,

Currently theres only 1 Drl and the sidelights working, as the others have failed after 200/300miles, so anyone know a led guy? B)

also for christmas i was unsure what i wanted so i asked for money and got a private reg which is something i have always wanted

DSC_1682_zpsy0buexue.jpg

picture with the led sides

also in january the car had its first MOT and it passed......just

DSC_1609_zpstrrklua5.jpg

And to finish off my big expensices in one go the car last month had a service for the first time in 2 years, bare in mind though the car hadnt done 10k between the services.

future plans to get done:

window tints

sound upgrade

coilovers

boot spoiler

defuser

• 3 months later...
On 2017-3-5 at 20:04, Copey said:

UPDATE

after a few months of this being quiet i thought it was best to do a update of what i have done and been annoyed at, well at times :D

first a nice picture of the car

DSC_1508_zpsuzbtiegi.jpg

I done a few LED upgrades on the car... Drls, Sidelights, License plate bulbs,

Currently theres only 1 Drl and the sidelights working, as the others have failed after 200/300miles, so anyone know a led guy? B)

also for christmas i was unsure what i wanted so i asked for money and got a private reg which is something i have always wanted

DSC_1682_zpsy0buexue.jpg

picture with the led sides

also in january the car had its first MOT and it passed......just

DSC_1609_zpstrrklua5.jpg

And to finish off my big expensices in one go the car last month had a service for the first time in 2 years, bare in mind though the car hadnt done 10k between the services.

future plans to get done:

window tints

sound upgrade

coilovers

boot spoiler

defuser

Are you after a front defuser? I bought one but haven't fitted it as the speed bumps are to harsh where I live and my wife would hit all the curbs!

Ooo tempting.... Any pics? Speedbumps are harsh here too but when its raised abit itll stay on :)

Ill update this thread later too with plans etc

• 3 months later...

UPDATE    (Dont know how long the pictures last for anymore)

looking back at this i havent really updated since its mot and a fair bit has happened to the car

first things was tinted rear windows

DSC_1695_zpsma8rqmdk.jpg

then after this come the kenwood upgrade and sub :P

DSC_2307_zps2jprjvfs.jpg

DSC_2308_zpsgjfusah1.jpg

then after this it went quite for abit other than led upgrading pretty much everything

then the upgrade of the suspension came, finally gone are the polo springs and the harsh ride

DSC_2425_zpszmdz04kz.jpg

there was abit of a differance on the rear springs

DSC_2436_zpscryg00tt.jpg

after the springs was put on all around the car was only raised about 3mm more than the polo springs

DSC_25251_zpski01pur2.jpg

also been up to see a fellow brisky member 

received_10214107480784203_zpssek0b8cp.j

finally fitted a arm rest too

DSC_2510_zpsprjlgc5s.jpg

dont worry nearly done :P

also the rotiforms have gone recently for some 17 skoda wheels

DSC_2549_zpsc1jmliwz.jpg

then today finally the original front discs and pads was changed (after 35kk) for brembo discs and pagid pads

and the only way to bed them in was to go for a drive upto matlock :P

DSC_2554_zpsj3sekt1p.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Just a quick update on this:

cars been on on the dyno for a laugh. Car made over factory power

also the cars on coilovers now too 

• 4 months later...

Drivers side can be a real pain to do. Be better for a garage to do it personally as ideally they need to pop the driveshaft to get the extra drop

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Copey said:

Drivers side can be a real pain to do. Be better for a garage to do it personally as ideally they need to pop the driveshaft to get the extra drop

Thank you! Waiting if there will be any Black Friday sale before I get them springs! Cheers bud. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/10/2018 at 17:36, Copey said:

I’ve got some h&r ones sat in the garage doing nothing :tongueout:

Aha! Thought you were using them? Is the ride alright? (Got a little snappy kiddo at the back) most of the time, so wouldn't want him to be complaining to me all the time! Lol. 

On 09/11/2018 at 23:32, Raprap13 said:

Aha! Thought you were using them? Is the ride alright? (Got a little snappy kiddo at the back) most of the time, so wouldn't want him to be complaining to me all the time! Lol. 

Mines on jom coilovers now. The ride on them was spot on and couldn’t fault them 

• 5 months later...
20 hours ago, Raprap13 said:

@Copey How did it go with your LED conversion? Was planning to do both DRL and Main beam... Any suggestions? Links? Thanks! :)

yeah dont led the drl/main beam, its shocking the brightness of them, made the brightness worse, i have just gone for upgraded bulbs as there abit better than standard, although my 150% increase headlights outbright them most the time anyway :D

• Like 1

not really updated this in a while so lets try and catch it up abit

1) been to narco tuning for a checkup :D

2) went on a autosolo the next day handled quite well dispite the driver being a idiot and the tyres not coping too well :blink:

3) limo black tinted sunstrip. actually cannot believe the difference this has made and should of got it done alot sooner

4) car has a vrs style rear spoiler on now too

think thats it :D

Small-Car-28.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

UPDATE TIME

well the cars been away for 3 months with problems after problems, bad driving started them off 😇

started off being on the side of the road after a small minor fire 🙈

IMG_20190605_213856.jpg