Hi! I'm new here so bare with me if there is already a thread on this issue! Anyway, I have just taken ownership of a 1996 Laurin & Klement Felicia estate, it comes with 2 remote locking/alarm fobs, unfortunately no battery's are in them & id like to get them working, I've tried Skoda in Liverpool but they was not sure about the type I need either. So, I hope one of you lot can help me in my search for them, anyone any ideas the type of battery you need & where I could get one?

Other issues I've had with are that I need a new electronic window switch for the passenger side & also... when the car is in first it sometimes makes a squeal when under pressure, only does it in first, I've been told this is normal & that the car did it from new but I wanted to see if it was a common fault among other Felicia's? & if it's an easy fix? My friends Dad's Golf did the same thing too.

Apart from that its a pleasure to drive, great vehicle!

Cheers

A photo of the remote would help. Outside and battery compartment.

To me handing a remote without battery and possibility of testing is fishy.

It's not clear what you mean by "when under pressure" "when the car is in first". What pressure when the car is already in first??

As a general rule, there are no "normal squeals" of an annoying level "from  new". That information is fishy too.

Hi there, thanks for replying. I inherited the car of a family member who has had it since new, they told me it originally had a battery in each one but took them out after they stopped working, reason they are not there now is because it was took out to search for a new one & was never put back, hence why the ones I've got now don't have battery's in. I have pictures of it but I can't seem to attach them, as I said I'm new to this site to apologies for that. If it helps, the vehicle does say its part of the VW Logic 600 alarm?

Right, ill try make this more clear haha when the car is, for example, on a hill say I'm waiting at a set of traffic lights which turn from red to green, the car will need to be in first gear for me to move & as its on a hill it makes a bit of a squeal as I pull the clutch up as I set off. Only does it on that type of scenario & only in first, doesn't do it in any other gears & if I pull the clutch up very very slowly it doesn't do it at all even in first on hills. It also doesn't do it on flat roads only on roads with an incline, that's what I meant by under pressure. Sorry if I confused you there!

Thanks.

Now we're getting somewhere.

From my knowledge Skoda Felicia before 1998 was equipped with a Meta M94 A alarm. I don't know for sure if L&K models were fitted from factory with a Conlog LOGIC 600 alarm or somebody decided to add it later. Either way you only need batteries for the remotes. Although Conlog doesn't exist anymore, a battery is a battery. You only need to know the voltage and the size that fits. Sometimes the code or the voltage of the battery is marked in the battery compartment of the remote. Other times you need to look on the PCB of the remote for that information. I am expecting to need a 12V miniature battery but only photos will clear things. I need clear photos of the remote, battery compartment, and PCB (face and back). Put a ruler near remote when you take photos so I am able to judge dimensions on photos.

The easiest method to attach your photos is to upload them on a photo hosting server. The server will give you the address to each photo. Then you insert those addresses in your message. Here is how to upload on imgur server:

• go to http://imgur.com/
  • click on upload images
  • click on browse your computer
  • select the photos you want to upload
  • click on Start Upload
  • look for Direct Link (email & IM) address of each photo and copy them in turn
  • you have to insert each address in your message where you want the photos to appear, just like you would do when writing an email, that is click on the icon that represents a picture frame then paste the address and click OK.

eUqCqJ6.jpg

The clutch squeal

Ordered by probability, from simple to difficult:

• the axle of the clutch lever on top of the gearbox needs greasing
  • the clutch release bearing is faulty
  • the clutch disk has a defect

How many miles since the clutch kit was replaced?

Edited by RicardoM

s0KZ8kd.jpgs0PxPhu.jpg

YPOHQS3.jpg

Hi, Hope these images help, 65mm x 24mm are the dimensions of the remote as pictured above. These are original to the vehicle, as I mentioned above in the cars manual it says they are from a VW Logic 600.

The squeal sounds like when a bicycles brakes squeak that's probably the best way I can describe it and it does it in the circumstances I mentioned in the previous post, I have been told by my grandparents who gave me the vehicle that it did it from new (1996) & they also mentioned the there were some defects on the clutches on vehicles of that age from the change over from asbestos use in them to the materials they use now. I also know from my friends dads golf which is the same age & that does the same noise. So when you mentioned clutch defect I believe it may be this, but i'll explore the other options too. (Best to be safe than sorry!) As for a change on the clutch, I do not know when it was last changed (if ever).

Thanks again! :)

The squeal, given when it occurs, sounds to me most like a minor mis-alignment of the clutch thrust bearing but yes could also be a result of a very specific friction compound on the driven plate.

Best advice would be to try greasing the visible pivot and the cable attachment on the release fork, and if neither of those work just drive it til it fails. If it's really been like that from new there's no reason to think it's anything more than annoying though.

As for the alarm remotes, have you tried a camera shop or a good (standard, not necessarily Rolex, Pathetic Philip et al dealer) watch shop? They tend to have lots of experience in identifying batteries from the compartment size!

Thw battery used in your remote is Conlog proprietary. It is a 5-cell battery made of 5 silver oxide button cells stacked (6 Volts).

Correction: it's 7.5 Volts.