Joined the club

countryboy

Been thinking about it for a few years and finally thought sod it. Ex demo Honda NC750X DCT. Not the fastest bike around but it goes well enough, is comfortable and economical.

Ianpost-47177-0-06524700-1438807514_thumb.jpgpost-47177-0-08368300-1438807540_thumb.jpg

Been thinking about it for a few years and finally thought sod it. Ex demo Honda NC750X DCT. Not the fastest bike around but it goes well enough, is comfortable and economical.

Ianattachicon.gifS1050221.JPGattachicon.gifS1050222.JPG

Cracking bike. Hope you enjoy it. I test rode this model and would have definitely bought one if it accommodated my left knee.

Welcome!

Very nice! Enjoying it? Happy with the DCT?

Theres somebody else on here with a black NC, dong think its a DCT version though, but might be wrong! Aha.

That was the main reason for buying it, otherwise I would have gone for something like a VFR 800. The gearbox was very clunky at first but it seems to have settled down, either that or I have just got used to it. I don't know how though, I picked it up last Friday evening, trailered it back home and have only done about 10 miles on it to and from work as I have been so busy. I do like the luggage compartment where the fuel tank would normally be, designed to accept a full face helmet.

Ian

That was the main reason for buying it, otherwise I would have gone for something like a VFR 800. The gearbox was very clunky at first but it seems to have settled down, either that or I have just got used to it. I don't know how though, I picked it up last Friday evening, trailered it back home and have only done about 10 miles on it to and from work as I have been so busy. I do like the luggage compartment where the fuel tank would normally be, designed to accept a full face helmet.

Ian

Maybe its just gettin used to its self haha.

Yeah ive got a VFR 800 atm, but would like to try DCT. Might have go get a test ride on a 1200 DCT tbh. I bet that goes well...

Ahh wheres the fuel tank then? I didnt know that

Ahh wheres the fuel tank then? I didnt know that

Under the seat. The filler cap is under the pillion seat. The engine is basically half a Honda Jazz car engine.

I know it takes different strokes for different folks, but I genuinely can't get my head round why (disabled riders excepted) anyone would want an automatic (or semi automatic) motorcycle. Surely the whole point of riding bikes is the involvement? But, each to their own, whatever floats yer boat etc.

Under the seat. The filler cap is under the pillion seat. The engine is basically half a Honda Jazz car engine.

I know it takes different strokes for different folks, but I genuinely can't get my head round why (disabled riders excepted) anyone would want an automatic (or semi automatic) motorcycle. Surely the whole point of riding bikes is the involvement? But, each to their own, whatever floats yer boat etc.

What, really? Haha.

Well the same reason some drivers like DSG and double clutch tiptronics i guess.

Id just like to ride one to see what its like tbh.

What, really? Haha.

Well the same reason some drivers like DSG and double clutch tiptronics i guess.

Yeah, but that's in cars. If you just want to get from of a to b without getting involved in the process, surely you'd take the car anyway, rather than ride a bike?

Yeah, but that's in cars. If you just want to get from of a to b without getting involved in the process, surely you'd take the car anyway, rather than ride a bike?

If we all thought and liked the same thing, there would only be one model of bike on the market and thatd be that.

• Like 2

If we all thought and liked the same thing, there would only be one model of bike on the market and thatd be that.

Hence "different strokes for different folks" and "whatever floats yer boat". I'm not disputing anyone's right to choose an automatic, if that's what they want, I just don't understand it.

• Like 1

Hence "different strokes for different folks" and "whatever floats yer boat". I'm not disputing anyone's right to choose an automatic, if that's what they want, I just don't understand it.

Ill be honest.

Theres alot of things i dont understand in this world :D.

But DCT isnt one

• Like 1

Automatic bikes are for girls, men know how to change gear

• Like 1

If you can't see how a bike and a car are different then there's something very wrong with your perpsective

I cant see how its different from people enjoying different things about any particular thing.

I dont like vespas, many do

I however cant see why the DSG version of a bike is such a bad idea in your eyes?

People like DSG cars, i like DSG cars., i cant see why people turn their nose up at trying a bike with a similat set up?

People like DSG cars, i like DSG cars., i cant see why people turn their nose up at trying a bike with a similat set up?

Because it detracts from the involvement of riding, which is the whole point of having a bike.

Because it detracts from the involvement of riding, which is the whole point of having a bike.

But thats your opinion.

Its not detracting. Have you driven a DSG?

They make the best of the power, but use all the power, quick changes leading to faster times and better mpg.

All im saying is. Give it a go autos usef to be frowned upon before, things have changed, life goes forward.

All im saying is. Give it a go autos usef to be frowned upon before, things have changed, life goes forward.

Things don't always change for the better. Certainly not with bikes. And, for me, an automatic bike certainly isn't progress, and would certainly detract from the involvement of riding (but then I cut my teeth on performance 2 strokes, where you have to be in the right gear at all times, or you're going nowhere). I genuinely can't understand why you'd want one. Why not go the whole hog, and just get someone else to ride it for you, lol? ;)

Things don't always change for the better. Certainly not with bikes. And, for me, an automatic bike certainly isn't progress, and would certainly detract from the involvement of riding (but then I cut my teeth on performance 2 strokes, where you have to be in the right gear at all times, or you're going nowhere). I genuinely can't understand why you'd want one. Why not go the whole hog, and just get someone else to ride it for you, lol? ;)

Have you considered that for some the joy of riding is not balls to the wall, knee to the tarmac, first one in to A&E wins? :P

I would seriously consider this bike if I was going to get a bike again, it would be a daily commuter and I think the DCT and lowdown torque of this engine (more like a car) is ideal for that as well as touring type riding. Sure its no sports bike, but if that's what you want you don't buy a tourer?

Have you considered that for some the joy of riding is not balls to the wall, knee to the tarmac, first one in to A&E wins? :P

I would seriously consider this bike if I was going to get a bike again, it would be a daily commuter and I think the DCT and lowdown torque of this engine (more like a car) is ideal for that as well as touring type riding. Sure its no sports bike, but if that's what you want you don't buy a tourer?

If they did the DCT on the VFR800's V4, i would be quite interested tbh.