7 weeks of ownership - not for me

Yep been getting that a lot, and not just from MB, BMW, Audi, Land Rover and more recently the local VW dealer started following suit. Don't have any of those cars on my driveway - wonder why?

don't even ask me about my experience when I first walked in to Landrover...........I'm amazed they sell anything to be honest! I've also never had a helpful VW dealership!

Yes, same here, plus there us a pecking order of the service you get from dealers depending on the model you are interested in.

Was talking to the group buyer of a large garage dealership last week, he has a six month old E class saloon, and he has had nothing but trouble with it, including gearbox replacement.

Same as myself, his wife has had backache from the terrible seats, he doesn't as he is short, but the seats are woefully inadequate fir larger people.

Seems Merc build to a cost these days.....

My father in law has a 61 plate E350 CDI Avantgarde, other than routine servicng hasnt been in the garage.

Because its rather a hybrid between Executive SE and AMG Sport trim it does have the sports style seats and Ive always found them comfortable.

265hp and 457lb/ft torque......goes like a bloody train too. Bit of a Q car as it just looks like a run of the mill low spec E200 (is debadged too). Not alot not to like IMHO.....everythings built to a cost but a current E class Merc definitely isnt badly built.

don't even ask me about my experience when I first walked in to Landrover...........I'm amazed they sell anything to be honest! I've also never had a helpful VW dealership!

Never ever had an issue with either my Land Rover or Jaguar dealers, both superb service.