The Superb III Picture thread

My car is already booked into KDS for the same treatment. Because I wasn't sure when the car was arriving (I still don't) it's getting the paint protection in February. Looking at the picture I think it's going to look stunning.

I was given a range of minimum vs. max prices depending on the amount of paint correction needed. Having also requested a second set of wheels (winter) treated and de-badging the estimated costs is between 1K - 1.6k (includes VAT). Be wary of the prices on the website they are exclusive of VAT and Superb is considered a XL / 4x4 car in their price system.

However, as I am keeping the car this treatment has a long shelf life - should be worth the initial investment.

Edited by l4wrence

Got to see my car yesterday at the dealers. Hasn't been touched or preped by Skoda yet,protective stickers still on her. I'm getting the glass tinted while she's there as I won't be getting her til the New Year.

I'm so excited!!

• Like 1

How is it that your car seems to have a proper thick rimmed steering wheel the UK cars seem to come with a thin cheap look one which to my mind spoils the car, so much so that I am replacing it! 

Edited by philsmith

How is it that your car seems to have a proper thick rimmed steering wheel the UK cars seem to come with a thin cheap look one which to my mind spoils the car, so much so that I am replacing it! 

Have you measured your wheel?

The one I took off was 31mm at it narrowest part and 35mm at it’s widest (not including the shaped bits at 10 & 2 o’clock) 

I didn't realise that there were different s/wheels on the same Specced Superb's. Can you post a picture of your wheel to compare?

I think all the UK cars come with the same wheel

Here is mine and my car is just about as top of the range as you can get, I think if you have the paddles option you still get the same wheel, according to my dealer.

Cimg4310.jpg

Very cheap and nasty looking and feeling, spoils the car (it's 31mm at the top Gizmo)

Take a test drive in a vRS before you replace it as I do not think they are much if any thicker.

Personally I think the std wheel is OK (but I prefer the perforated leather the vRS wheels have.

• Like 1

This looks a lot thicker to me and the wheel shown in Rebelred's post.

But I think even if it is not thicker it would feel better, the original wheel really has a cheap feel to it.

stw204.jpg

Edited by philsmith
  • Like 1

Pick up my 1.4 150 ACT SE L Exec tomorrow morning :), so went for a quick peek this eve. Well it looks like a Superb, it was the only one under covers so I'm going to make the assumption it's for me!

IMAG1074_zpsehgwyeka.jpg

Edited by Leeboy
  • Like 3

Pick up my 1.4 150 ACT SE L Exec tomorrow morning :), so went for a quick peek this eve. Well it looks like a Superb, it was the only one under covers so I'm going to make the assumption it's for me!

IMAG1074_zpsehgwyeka.jpg

Excited for you buddy! Did you go DSG or manual?

Excited for you buddy! Did you go DSG or manual?

Manual. Coming from an auto at the mo and ideally would have wanted to stay that way, but decided I'd try manual again for economy and save money for optional extras like canton, led pack and heated from screen.

• Like 1