The Superb III Picture thread

Not exterior, but interior night shots..... Taken from an L&K with beige interior.

Steve

I see you've started development of my Simply Clever Deer Detector: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/372099-oh-deer-wildlife-octy-interface/?p=4385085

Oh bugger - it's a kangaroo. Well anyway, you get the drift. I've collected one deer in each of my two previous superbs, so am really hoping to avoid a hatrick in the third.

Sorry, it's been a long day.

Edited by chadlington
  • Like 4

Same colour, wheels & model as mine... well, mine-to-be!

It's on it's way but had to push back delivery as I'm about to travel for 2 weeks.

What engine did you get? Interior trim?

Just saw it on the owners list Gizmo put together...

18/ roughrider10 - SEL Executive Hatch, 2.0 TDI 150 PS DSG, Candy White, Black Leather, Tri-zone climate

Nice..

Same colour, wheels & model as mine... well, mine-to-be!

It's on it's way but had to push back delivery as I'm about to travel for 2 weeks.

What engine did you get? Interior trim?

Hi Thanks for the reply, , 2.0TDI 150 DSG, Black Leather Trim,i opted  for the same engine and DSG box as my company Octavia, very impressed with the engine and auto box, so it was an easy choice for me, I have had the Superb for 4 weeks today, but had an operation on my foot yesterday, so now laid up at home for 6 weeks unable to drive, so i just potter up to my garage and polish and sit in her for now, sad person that I am.

• Like 1

Looks lovely in white with those wheels. Good choice!

Her in doors chose the White, I was not to sure but once I saw it at the dealers, I thought WOW, that looks classy, really pleased with it, not that I can drive it now for six weeks while my foot op heals, on the plus side, 8 weeks off of work (paid) lovely.

Hi Thanks for the reply, , 2.0TDI 150 DSG, Black Leather Trim,i opted  for the same engine and DSG box as my company Octavia, very impressed with the engine and auto box, so it was an easy choice for me, I have had the Superb for 4 weeks today, but had an operation on my foot yesterday, so now laid up at home for 6 weeks unable to drive, so i just potter up to my garage and polish and sit in her for now, sad person that I am.

Not sad at all... many of us on here wish we could do the same!

Wishing a quite recovery...

Not sad at all... many of us on here wish we could do the same!

Wishing a quite recovery...

Thank you for the kind words, I will enjoy the time off of work, and the car is at least garaged, which is lovely, it has company, my Yamaha R1, so I can spend my time polishing each of them.

post-132346-0-76576700-1448053278_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Thats my weekend rocket ship,  shame i can't ride it like Valentino Rossi but at 58 i can only just get my leg over it, it was built on the early Yamaha M1 2009 Moto GP Cross plane crank engine, its a in-line 4 cyl but it sound sounds like a V - Twin,  it will top nearly 180 mph, 0-60 in about 2.6 secs.

• Like 1

A few pictures of my Rosso Brunello (otherwise known as Rooney Red in our family). Taken in first decent light for weeks. Gives an idea of how the dirt shows and in the front on picture you can see a decent representation of the brown leather.

Edited by Sagalout
  • Like 1

Thanks. The wheels are the pegasus anthracite that come std with the L&K. I wasworried they would be a bit too 'boy racer' for an old geezer like me.

So I must admit I was surprised just how good they do look. I think they give the car much more presence than silver.

Close up they have a burnished metal effect.

Still less than 500 miles so the dirt is the penalty of living in the country. Loving the car. Due to go on long journey (300 miles each way) in week or two and looking forward to comparing how it performs compared to the merc c class that I gave up and the S type jag that SWMBO runs. One thing for sure it wont need filling up so often!!

Now that is interesting, we looked long an hard at the C Class, but when we took one out for a demo it just didn't do it for us, lovely car inside, also the dealer tried to pull a fast one on the agreed discount that was promised once we were in the showroom, I would be interested in your experience of the C Class.

Steve

MIne was the previous edition so can't comment on the new model out this year.

Summary of my 3 years would be: Great petrol engine and autobox; smooth as baby skin. Great economy with enough oomph for me. Average 39mpg.

Terrible ride, hard as nails. Felt small inside; all black interior and typically functional rather than prestige. Dealer didn't want to deal for a replacement and as you suggest couldn't come up with a deal anywhere near the website examples. I understand the current version has addressed some of those points.

Skoda dealer much better, better PEX and the Superb III is an E class equivalent with a better ride, better spec and for a lot less money!!

No contest even for the new model C Class.

We also felt that the inside space was very limited in the C Class, being just a booted saloon limited its versatility, but the quality of the Interior of the Mercedes was very good, thank you for your views, nice to hear from a person who has had 3 years of experience of the car.

All in all, the Superb just made more sense, and having experienced the Octavia, made our mind up for us. 

Curiously something similar happen to one of my bosses with his E class Merc, he had a previous generation E class with the standard suspension and 16" wheels (Elegance trim level), and it was quite comfortable. Two years ago he got a current generation E class with sportive suspensions and 17" (Avantgarde) and it's not very comfortable. Also the interior quality is one step below the former one IMHO. And the gearknob on the steering wheel... crappy and outdated.

This week I drove a Superb III while mine was at the dealer for service, and I found it very very comfortable, even with the massive 19" wheels.

Curiously something similar happen to one of my bosses with his E class Merc, he had a previous generation E class with the standard suspension and 16" wheels (Elegance trim level), and it was quite comfortable. Two years ago he got a current generation E class with sportive suspensions and 17" (Avantgarde) and it's not very comfortable. Also the interior quality is one step below the former one IMHO. And the gearknob on the steering wheel... crappy and outdated.

This week I drove a Superb III while mine was at the dealer for service, and I found it very very comfortable, even with the massive 19" wheels.

Thanks for that, interesting that Mercs are not quite what they used to be, sign of the times i guess, cost cutting and increase profit, but ultimately it will cost manufactures customers who have remained loyal.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Gizmo. Are the Philips LED PY21W bulbs plug and play or do they need coding in?

Plug and play, you also get a pair of resistors in a heat shield with them ... BUT these are not needed, no coding nothing!

• Like 2