No insurance with CAI!!!! Help please

hi all, i was wondering. if fitting a DV to 1.8 turbo engine messes it up, what about blocking off the entrance to the air box where the air recirc pipe goes to and fitting a small filter to the pipe instead. would this work? ie not cause any errors within the system

reaon i ask is because they wont insure me and the mrs on the car with CAI Fitted but i like the blow off noise!((although im not a **** :P)) should have checked the insurance before i bought the CAI i suppose

thanks in advance

thankyou for your reply, but i didnt quite mean fitting a dump valve

i meant instead of fitting a dump valve would it work to fit a filter on the end of the aux air pump pipe that usually goes into the air box? does this create the whoosh dump sound or am i miles off

thankyou

Your miles off.

That smaller pipe is a secondary air supply which is used while your car is on choke.

You won't get any increased noise by putting an external filter on it.

Diverter Valves are recommended for 1.8T engines.

does this create the whoosh dump sound or am i miles off? Thankyou

Whoosh is a thing of the past, as in Cossie's!

I recon that we (well at least me) of Briskoda & the rest of the turbo brigade have moved on. :thumbup:

Jasus, the Cossie theory is 20yrs old! :(

From what I've read here and elsewhere concerning VAG 1.8t, atmospheric dump valves are a no-no. However, if you do want the psssssst sound :D, you could go for a Cold Air Intake [CAI]. This will replace your airbox, and also has the effect of allowing more air to flow to the engine, meaning more power :thumbup: .

Briskoda member Pimpster has an ABD branded CAI (If memory serves right), and the pssssst is VERY loud, without resorting to fitting the incorrect dump valve. The ABD CAI costs somewhere in the region of

sixman9 - I'm guessing you didn't read the post.

Freddie - If your insurers won't cover a CAI are you sure they'll cover a BOV? If you just want the noise you could drill holes in your airbox.

sixman9 - I'm guessing you didn't read the post.

Freddie - If your insurers won't cover a CAI are you sure they'll cover a BOV? If you just want the noise you could drill holes in your airbox.

Yes you could drill holes in the air box...to elaborate (sp??) the standard air box holds all the whooshes and pssssts in like putting a speaker in cupboard and closing the door... drilling holes will let the noise out... remember though only drill holes in the bottom half of the air box or you will be sucking in un filtered air! to help this further you coudl repalce the standard filter with a Green or K&N pannel filter your insuance company should insure you with this filter as its seen as a non performance mod...your simply replacing a filter with on that lasts a life time... if you want then even more whooshes and psssts you could swop the standard DV for a recic DV30 from bailys or 007 from forge or Hyperboost all around the same price all compatible with the 1.8T engine again your insuance company shoudl cover this mod.

Joel