Need a cheap spare wheel - VRS

Hey all,

After being stranded at the side of the road after 2 blowouts, I'm looking for a cheap wheel (alloy or steel) to keep as a spare.

It's a company car so I don't want to pay for a new one really, and the company definitely won't. has anyone out there found another wheel from any other marques/ models that will fit, that I may be able to find on a well known auction site?

Cheers for any thoughts.

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look for a 17” 5x112 PCD and a 57.1mm centre bore, most Audi and VW wheels will fit (just be careful as some are 5x100 and some newer Audi’s use a 66.6mm centre bore)

• Like 1

Look for a 17” 5x112 PCD and a 57.1mm centre bore, most Audi and VW wheels will fit (just be careful as some are 5x100 and some newer Audi’s use a 66.6mm centre bore)

and check the ET, the Vrs has large Disc's and callipers on the front. Make sure the wheel doesn't catch on the brake set up

Would still need to get spare wheel and some kind of tool kit as I just found out there is no jack in the car either :(

Jings, I didn't think of that! What a dope.

Cheers for the replies guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks - just checked, mines a 16" :( only used for a day.

I take it that the disks and calipers on the Mk3 are bigger than those fitted to a MY11 FL ? 

Would it fit the rear ? 

If I had a front puncture then I would need to fit the spare to the rear and move the 18" rear to the front - is this feasible ?

I know it's a double change but if it works i'll be happy :) 

Edited by Vrs Led