Door Mirrors

I was following a FL Mk2 estate out of Leicester, and notice that the door mirrors seemed to be slightly bigger than those on my pre-FL mk2. Is this the case, or was I imagining it?

Would it be possible to retrofit these mirrors onto my pre-FL?

Thanks!

I was following a FL Mk2 estate out of Leicester, and notice that the door mirrors seemed to be slightly bigger than those on my pre-FL mk2. Is this the case, or was I imagining it?

Would it be possible to retrofit these mirrors onto my pre-FL?

Thanks!

What colour is your pre-fl? I've been thinking about swapping the mirrors on my FL for Pre-FL...

What colour is your pre-fl? I've been thinking about swapping the mirrors on my FL for Pre-FL...

My pre-FL is silver. I think it might be brilliant silver...

They are bigger and that's great. There is one disadvantage though. Driving during night time can be unpleasant when somebody is following you. The larger mirror are, the more lights they reflect.

I've heard that newer cars have got some anti-glare features in their mirrors but then you have to find more information on that.

Edited by Jevpls

I'm not convinced that race blue mirrors would look good on a brilliant silver car, or vice versa :-(

Haha I'm not so sure either! 

The larger mirror are, the more lights they reflect.

Yeah, I found that when I started to learn to drive in a van! Was such a luxury to have big mirrors though! Though that isn't to say the mirrors aren't adequate on the car already!

Edited by rloades

Haha I'm not so sure either! 

It's unfortunate, especially as you're so close...We could've just traded mirrors. :-(

*edit* I don't know why, but I got the impression your profile thing on the right said you were in Leicester, but it doesn't say that at all...*edit*

Trade anyway, most bodyshops will spray a set of mirrors for 15 to 30 pounds, mine was 15 if you pull them  off  (casings ) and leave them with them for a day .I prefer the normal ones rather than the bloated facelifts anyway,you can get antiglare glass, (blue) for both types but they are £50 a set 

• Like 1

When you go from a pre-facelift to a FL the mirrors seem huge.

FWIW mine are tinted/antiglare so far as I'm aware too - is this not standard?

D

It's unfortunate, especially as you're so close...We could've just traded mirrors. :-(

*edit* I don't know why, but I got the impression your profile thing on the right said you were in Leicester, but it doesn't say that at all...*edit*

My location is kind of variable, as during the week I live in Peterborough and at the weekend I'm in Leicester!

FWIW mine are tinted/antiglare so far as I'm aware too - is this not standard?

It feels like mine are usual mirrors. At least I don't feel any difference from standard mirrors.

My location is kind of variable, as during the week I live in Peterborough and at the weekend I'm in Leicester!

Well, the offer is there...Leicester isn't too much of a trek for me and I doubt it's a huge job to swap them over? :-)