Service book

StevoM

I picked up a used Fabia (2013) and it was missing manuals and book - dealer has now sourced manual and will send them on but advised that service history is all online and there is no longer a book. Dealer seemed good and honest, but this is first car I have owned that has never had a book to stamp, seems odd as how would a buyer know it has been maintained unless they got to a dealer??? and what about if it's serviced outside dealer network?

Services have been done so far as saw this at dealer on screen.

Is this correct regarding book?

Service book has the original build docket inside with all the build codes,vin number and bar codes, incuding possibly key bar code. It should also be stamped with vehicle handover date, dealer and signed by first owner. It also has stamp for delivery inspection, etc etc. All essential information for subsequent owners. A missing book may be hiding something

Yes - bought from a dealer under approved used scheme. Dont think there is anything dodgy to be honest - dealer showed me previous owner and history on screen prior to purchase and car was serviced before I picked it up, second year service. I will ask again and also request service print outs.

I know at some point Skoda stopped went completely electronic, but I'm not sure exactly when it commenced.

Well I bought one of the last fabia estates produced in Oct 2013 and it came with full service books.

It was used. Just under 2 years. Have asked for print outs of services and will keep them. Car is great though - just prefer to keep a record with car rather than online.

Similar situation here. Just bought one of the last Mk 2 estates (used, first reg March '14) and no service book, just a print out showing

Date and location of PDI.

First service (entry is 7 July 2015)

Another service (entry 20 July 2015) - not sure why this is unless it was because it changed from extended to fixed service intervals....seems odd.

Skoda dealer even gave me the internal invoice for the service - £75 quid. I remarked that it was a fair markup from this to the ~150 quid they'd charge me to have it done and they admitted that I shouldn't have seen the pricing...!

The glossy paper folder the printout is in has the VIN code and a lot of other 3 digit codes stamped on it, though...maybe these are something to do with the build variant.

Edited by briscaF1