Maxton front splitter

ive just taken delivery of a maxton front splitter. Can anyone advise on fitting please? Do I need to remove the front bumper? I know some have fitted them already. Thank you in advance

Have never even heard of a Maxton splitter. The most popular splitter option is the Seat Leon Cupra splitter, which you just bung on to the bottom of the bumper with a few self-tapping screws.

When I contacted them they told me part of it was bonded and the remainder was screwed. You don't have to remove the bumper but having an assistant help would be better for alignment.

I think the Maxton one is better looking than the DTM design (and cheaper).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was chatting about how to fix my seat Leon Capra r splitter... Self tappers weren't on the list. We talked about glue and bolts but I think we're going to rivet it on instead.

• Like 1

I was chatting about how to fix my seat Leon Capra r splitter... Self tappers weren't on the list. We talked about glue and bolts but I think we're going to rivet it on instead.

Self tappers are fine for this, it's how we used to put Cupra splitter onto the C4s and on most other cars they were not intended for.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

The instructions were rather scant. Merely showing where to glue and how to use the glue; and to show which side up it was lol. I guess I was just blind-sided with the nuts and bolts provided thinking that I would have to remove the bumper to fit it correctly

• Like 1