Amp. cable routing...

djnikej

I used 50amp automotive cable from maplin, as its only a short length the volts drop is very low (apx 0.3V @ 35amp load) its about 7mm per core diamater, hole was drilled from passenger footwell side using bolts as a guide to where it came out, be very carefull there are brake pipes on the other side very close by, sealed hole with silicoln sealant.

If you open the bonnet and remove the box matrix that lies under the windscreen wiper on the passenger side.

There is already a hole which will allow 8/10 mm cable entry into the passenger footwell under the carpet.

Well thats the one i used when i ran my cable from the battery terminals

GOOD LUCK

Is it the 50A cable which elevates this post from my Maintenance to my Performance?[/quote:10d3af5d47]

Strictly speaking it should be in maintenance. I'll move it later for the sake of tidyness, but for the moment it can stay here.

Jon

Yes its under the scutle panel

remove panel and then remove element to allow access through passenger bulkhead

It does mean taking the carpet up on the passenger side and is a bit fiddly but far better than drilling new holes in the bulkhead

Jon you got nothing better to do with your time...nice though

Check this picture. The red arrow shows whats its look like a groumet to pass a wire to the from batery similar to the factory ones at the right.

Also could it be possible to take the power from the nuts thats show the yellow arrow????? and forget to pass a wire o the front batery????

http://cards.webshots.com/c44398599urvfyr