A few teething problems

MikeWales

I've had the new L&K Yeti since May and mostly very pleased with it. I love the way the when you switch the lights on the beam moves up and down and side to side to find its level - very Knight Rider (for those of a certain age!)

I like the way the system asks if I want to find the nearest filling station on the sat nav if your low fuel warning light comes on.

The extra power of the 170 engine over the 140 and of curse the wonders of the DSG box always delights.

I had noticed a while back that the DAB radio looses its volume from time to time. On Sunday it happened when I went over a pothole. I suspect a loose connection somewhere.

On Saturday the radio couldn't be used at all. The DAB just searched for a station, the FM radio just had the mute symbol on the screen as if the mute button on the wheel was pressed. The system stayed like that the whole day, despite turning the system off and on a few times and also stopping the engine. The next day all was well.

Last night I got back home, with the sunroof open, closed the roof and the back edge of the roof wouldn't close. The back edge stayed open, just like it was open for ventilation. I opened the roof fully and closed it a few times, but no change. I thought I would even have to resort to putting the car in the garage just in case it rained overnight.

I tried the roof a few more times and it closed - fully!

Obviously one or to issues to sort out on a visit to the dealer.

Anyone else have issues like these?

DAB radio is pants it is an older spec. in the UK anyway, I think the EU is on version 3,

or working towards it. We are reasonably high up between Bristol and Bath and our domestic

DAB can only be got in the kitchen. FM is superb

I wonder if your battery is carrying a full charge 12.6vdc, does the radio alter volume according to road speed?

At least on the older Yeti the sunroof controller remembers if the roof was tipped (open at the rear) or not when you open it. So if you open and the close the roof it will return to its previous state. Just needs the back edge of the sunroof knob with the little lip on it pressing downwards.

John

• Like 1

I was surprised how GOOD the DAB radio is ,especially in this area,never looses the station.

Same for us when we are away from home, but we get DAB here in Lincolnshire in October.

Gumdrop's post was a comment on the DAB system deployed in the UK rather than the DAB radio installed in the latest Yetis.  Unless he does actually bring the Yeti into the house to listen to DAB radio, the reception problems he has are nothing to do with the equipment fitted to the Yeti.  As such, it's not likely to be relevant to the problem MikeWales has with his Yeti's radio.  From his description of the issue the DAB function used to work and has stopped doing so, and the FM function is also u/s although in a different way.

It's true that UK suffers to a degree from being an early adopter of DAB.  Most of mainland Europe uses the later DAB+ standard which is both more robust and offers better audio quality for the same bandwidth.  A DAB-only radio cannot receive DAB+ broadcasts, but a DAB+ radio can receive DAB broadcasts.  I have a Sony DAB+ portable radio at home which works fine in the UK, with no user input required to tell it to deal with the UK's DAB broadcasts.  I strongly suspect* that Skoda fit DAB+ radios to all their cars - it almost certainly wouldn't be cost-effective to keep separate stock of DAB-only kit for UK-spec models, and anyway what would happen when a UK punter takes their car to the continent?

* ie can't be bothered to check but would be extremely surprised if I turned out to be wrong, for the reasons given.

• Like 1

Thanks all for your replies. DAB radio reception done here is not so good. I can't get it in the house for example.

But I did find our I can stream music on Youtube through the internet on to my Yeti system as I am driving along!

Duw there's posh!  :D

I strongly suspect* that Skoda fit DAB+ radios to all their cars - it almost certainly wouldn't be cost-effective to keep separate stock of DAB-only kit for UK-spec models, and anyway what would happen when a UK punter takes their car to the continent?

Looks like you're right, this is from my Amundsen manual.

""L-band

For the DAB radio reception in different countries, different frequency ranges are used. In some countries the DAB radio reception is only possible in the so called L-band.

If no L-band DAB radio reception is possible in the country then we recommend to leave this menu item turned off. The channel scan is therefore faster.""

"I like the way the system asks if I want to find the nearest filling station on the sat nav if your low fuel warning light comes on.",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Well thanks for that,never new it could do it,can't wait for the fuel to drop to confirm.

• Like 1

"I like the way the system asks if I want to find the nearest filling station on the sat nav if your low fuel warning light comes on.",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Well thanks for that,never new it could do it,can't wait for the fuel to drop to confirm.

I suggest a long drive!  :sun:

• Like 1

It surprised me the first time it did it!

• Like 1

I had problem with the DAB dropping on my Amundsen+ unit - it was happening fairly frequently. I took it in for a service and complained to the dealer and they applied a software update.

That was 6 months ago - it's not dropped DAB once in that time.

• Like 1