Couple of questions about bulbs

I have just got a 64plate skoda fabia Monte carlo black edition and i am wondering if any one has fitted HIDS in one with the locking system of the bulb is looks like it will be difficult to do

I am also wanting to know what bulbs are in the DRLS

I have just got a 64plate skoda fabia Monte carlo black edition and i am wondering if any one has fitted HIDS in one with the locking system of the bulb is looks like it will be difficult to do

I am also wanting to know what bulbs are in the DRLS

Yup. Plenty on here with HIDs in montes and with silver lights (:

Really not a bad job to fit HIDs to a Monte Carlo. Just have to cut a slot the metal clip in order to run the wiring through. You can also buy specially modified headlight bulb clips online for exactly this purpose. Once you've done that its just a case of cutting a hole in the rubber cover to pass the wires through and then securing the ballsst and wiring in the engine bay.

HID's are relatively easy to fit, if you have a TDI monte then the drivers side is difficult as the fuel filter is in the way, undo the three screws and move it out of the way slightly!

DRL bulbs are PY21W that has offset bayonet pins same as the indicator bulbs.

Really not a bad job to fit HIDs to a Monte Carlo. Just have to cut a slot the metal clip in order to run the wiring through. You can also buy specially modified headlight bulb clips online for exactly this purpose. Once you've done that its just a case of cutting a hole in the rubber cover to pass the wires through and then securing the ballsst and wiring in the engine bay.

You dont actuallt need to cut the clip, they will go through if you bend it slightly and are methodical.

The rubber covers are about £6 each off a dealer iirc. So not too bad to get spare ones

onlu thing is it is still under warrenty so dont want to do anything perminant to it just in case as i will need to put the normal bulbs back in at some point

I was the same.

So i bought spare rubber covers and used the original clips without cutting them

The rubber covers usually have a part number on them that you can search for. I got a punch tool off ebay to make a hole exactly the right size in them for the grommet. I just cut my original clips but it sounds like you dont actually need to.

Rubber cover available here..

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=380704019445&globalID=EBAY-GB

The DRLs are p21w with straight pins, same as the reverse light. Not PY21W as R1chard says. I have these...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111411340658&globalID=EBAY-GB

Surprised you didn't get on to that one fabiamk2SE!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rubber cover available here..

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=380704019445&globalID=EBAY-GB

The DRLs are p21w with straight pins, same as the reverse light. Not PY21W as R1chard says. I have these...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111411340658&globalID=EBAY-GB

Surprised you didn't get on to that one fabiamk2SE!

Sorry mate i havent got DRL's on my SE so dont really know :D.

Regarding the caps, id try using the part number and getting a price off a dealer. Few quid cheaper i think. (:

I agree, the dealer may well be cheaper than eBay but thought I'd post the link as Dawson said he/she couldn't find them. I think we discussed this before.

Yeah yeah. Im not going against you mate.

Just sayin :D.

I didn't think you were, it's my bad wording lol. I remember you giving me advice on where to get the covers from. Those eBay ones were the ones I found before you told me it was cheaper from the dealer.

• Like 1

Hi Dawson

That eBay listing is confusing. It says p21w in the description but py21w next to the picture. A p21w bulb also carries the descriptor 1156 and BA15S. A py21w bulb is BAU15s. The latter having off set pins.

Not all LEDs and CREE bulbs throw up errors. There are lots of links in several threads for tried and tested bulbs.

The pic below is out of the handbook.....

Screenshot_2013-12-01-18-24-32_zpshxudt3

I know i will just have to wait till they come and see if they fit or not,

I havent got anything like that in my hand book i have looked over and over!

See the thing is i want some led's for DRLS and Side light BULBs but dont want to keep buying different ones to see if they bring up warning lights

I did this with my last car and never found any that didnt bring warning lights up.

Also want some leds for Number plate but dont want the same problem

Ive always got mine from Hidsdirect and never had a problem (ive got numberplate leds, sidelights and did have hids) however upon my recommendation somebody on here went to hidsdirect and even though they drive the same car ad me, it did bring up errors. So its difficult to say.

Ive got some w5w sidelight bulbs off a member on here called 'Gizmosgreenline2'. Theyre really spot on. They dont need resistors though as theyre actually 5 watt cree leds. So really bright. Ive got them in the motorbike at the moment to help catch peoples eye (: