Reg plate lights removal

Hi all. Wondered what the best way is to get the lights out of the boot lid on an estate? Obviously don't want to mark the bodywork or snap any fitments attempting to get them out, so anyone with experience of this and who is happy to share, I would be grateful. Cheers.

Hi mate, did look in the manual under "number plate lights", "reg plate lights", "exterior lights". Couldn't find any of these in the index of the manual. I'm probably being thick, but if you know what the manual refers to them as then I'd happily take it from there. Ha ha!!

The index to the manual is not great.  In my manual the page you probably need is page 235 in the "Do-it-Yourself, Fuses and light bulbs" section - although the manual and its page numbering does seem to vary over time.  The particular section is "Replacing the bulbs for the licence plate light".

post-676-0-92536100-1441609763_thumb.jpg

Edited by iriches

The index to the manual is not great. In my manual the page you probably need is page 235 in the "Do-it-Yourself, Fuses and light bulbs" section - although the manual and its page numbering does seem to vary over time. The particular section is "Replacing the bulbs for the licence plate light".

Am I the only one that cannot get this off?

Cheers guys. The old "do it yourself" section of the handbook Chestnut. I might have known. Will take a look later in the week when back home and post my progress (or lack of) ha ha.