Fabia vRS problem

larsberg

Ok, so I just picked up my '12 vRS on tuesday, and I've been reading a lot about different issues on this forum. I couldn't find a thread on my problem though. How do you keep from flooring it at absolutely every single opportunity? I cannot stop. Please help. 

• Like 4

Ok, so I just picked up my '12 vRS on tuesday, and I've been reading a lot about different issues on this forum. I couldn't find a thread on my problem though. How do you keep from flooring it at absolutely every single opportunity? I cannot stop. Please help. 

That's just a healthy reaction I'd say. Real "problems" start after you've remapped it to st.1   :p

This thread has made the next week no easier! Although being tight I do have a full tank in the Octavia that could do with being used before it goes in so a trip to Brecon maybe in order tomorrow for some nice arty photos before it goes.

• Like 2

Funny man! I've had mine 20 months now and still have this problem and there really is no cure, in fact it's a bit of an unhealthy addiction, and the addition of up rated springs and dampers combined with a set of federal rsr's have only made this worst, 141 miles out of a tank of fuel was a worry at one point but now I've got the engine run in a loosened up a bit it will do between 200-250 miles to a tank now.

If you find a cure, let me know

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

check your fuel bill ;)

I came from a '98 Saab 93 2.0, no matter how hard I drive the vRS it's more economical than that! And the Fabia actually shifts when putting my foot down compared to the Saab. Non turbo Saabs are no fun, guys.

• Like 1

I came from a '98 Saab 93 2.0, no matter how hard I drive the vRS it's more economical than that! And the Fabia actually shifts when putting my foot down compared to the Saab. Non turbo Saabs are no fun, guys.

only ever had one SAAB it was an early ('86?) 900 turbo, lovely car until it blew a hole through a piston! :(

only ever had one SAAB it was an early ('86?) 900 turbo, lovely car until it blew a hole through a piston! :(

I actually love Saabs. When I started looking for a new car that ended up being our vRS, I started out test driving a '09 93 Aero and a '05 92x Aero (Saabaru). I grew up with Saabs and Volvos, so they will always have a special place in my heart. Learned how to drive in a 900 and a Volvo 240. Kinda still want an old Saab or Volvo as a project car. 

• Like 1

Absolutely. It's neither the time or place for me to start a project like that though. Haven't got any experience with restoration of cars (then again you just have to start somewhere I guess), got small kids and no room in the garage. One day though..

• Like 1