DSG v Manual

^^ interesting read, and I guess you can understand his view point but the % of drivers who have actually experienced the non servo clutch / gearbox will be very very low indeed. I would the majority of drivers nowadays haven't even experienced one at all, I know I haven't!

I've been a manual driver ever since i passed my test but will be giving DSG a go on my next car, why? I spend the vast majority of my time pounding up and down the motorways / A Roads, usually in a traffic jam at some point. The Superb (which I currently have and will have next time) is not built to win any traffic light grand prix and is more akin to smooth cruising. Therefore the DSG makes the perfect fit IMO.

What's the reliability of the DSG boxes and how do they compare on fuel economy to a manual box?. I'm also interested in what they are like for towing. I have a manual box at the moment and happy with, but will be looking for a new car soon and I'm considering a DSG over a manual purely due to available  choice. 

Ken

Good thing with DSG with paddles is you can change at pretty much any point in rev range and get better fuel consumption.

Official figures on my car show the DSG as more economical than the manual by a couple of mpg!

My DSG was left in auto all the time when I first got it but lately been playing using paddles a lot and it has improved my fuel consumption by a couple of mpg!

I will extend my warranty to 5years then it will go before the DSG breaks!

Edited by Defenderben