W8 light

Thanks langers. Do you know if they were standard fit on the Superb or only on certain models?

There's an adaptor loom you can buy with the feed for the headlight switch. Just a case of running one wire to the switch.

Paulbrown, it's the down light that's red, not any buttons. Red affects night vision less than any other colour which is why it's used for CAT vision in cars as it's less distracting when in your line of sight. Same reason the army have red lenses for their torches at night.

Terry, I did a complete guide on the superb conversion here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/225543-w8superb-sunroof-model-interior-light-cat-vision-mod/?hl=%2Bcat+%2Bvision#entry3086861

Still got some spare parts left you can buy off me if you go down the route of wanting to do it and make a loom.

Still got some spare parts left you can buy off me if you go down the route of wanting to do it and make a loom.

Just tried to PM you about these as I'd quite like a set of my octavia is possible, but I think your inbox might be full?

Paulbrown, it's the down light that's red, not any buttons. Red affects night vision less than any other colour which is why it's used for CAT vision in cars as it's less distracting when in your line of sight. Same reason the army have red lenses for their torches at night.

Terry, I did a complete guide on the superb conversion here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/225543-w8superb-sunroof-model-interior-light-cat-vision-mod/?hl=%2Bcat+%2Bvision#entry3086861

Thanks for the link matey. Drop us a PM and I'll hav those spares off you ;)

Thanks guys, I think it was full so now deleted some.

I'll hunt the bits out and get back to you. Langers gets first dibs since he replied first, assuming he wants them. Just to clarify, I've got the connector & wires to plug into the octy headlining so you just need to solder them into the correct place on the superb light. The wire to the light switch is just a separate one that plugs in off the physical switch itself as there's nothing to run it from the roof, if I remember correctly. Been a long time though. :)

Thanks langers. Do you know if they were standard fit on the Superb or only on certain models?

Not sure, I believe the part number is 3U0947105 and was fitted to the MK1 superb. It's very different in the MK2 so it won't fit although they did transition from red to white led's too.

I think Passat W8 part is 3B7947105F which is identical apart from the switch illumination is red not green.

edit:

There is also a guide here in German http://www.octavia-forum.de/anleitungen/W8-Leuchte.pdf

It is a easy mod. I used the German guide a year ago.

I have fitted to superb mk1 lights (front and back)

Be aware that you need to do some modifications because of lack of space.

It is a real nice upgrade if you do at lot of night driving.

e28cf59f359b04a27130c0c3e41aacf8.jpg

ecb8e27cabc4c7d8ecbe3715296a4ffc.jpg

• Like 1

It's very subtle, don't know why Skoda didn't put it in the octy to start off with.

Having said that, last year or so I got a Roomster or a Yeti or summat as a courtesy car and the white leds it shone down weren't as intrusive as I thought white might be and you could definitely see the centre console better. That is definitely on my list to change to, just would like to know what leds they used which is almost impossible to get the info of SUK, unfortunately.

Yep, really liked this mod on my Octy.

As said, the downlighting lights are red for their subtleness in output, so they're not distracting - not for any VAG allegiance! 

Have you picked up the parts for this yet Terry? Definitely worthwhile and you can use your existing light unit and swap it out with the current rear one - so they get map reading lights too :)

Have you picked up the parts for this yet Terry? Definitely worthwhile and you can use your existing light unit and swap it out with the current rear one - so they get map reading lights too :)

Not yet mate, I'm just looking for the part number for the Superb version but can't seem to find it.

Wanted to find out how much they are at TPS, Was going to order some handles leds and footwell lights at same time. In the mood for modding atm :D

• 3 months later...