SOLD - Edition 100 MKI Superb (PD130) manual

Gizmo

Up for sale is my Edition 100 Superb, it’s one of the last ones registered being on an 06 plate (most are on a 55 plate)

photo3_zps52504f69.jpg

Seat front bumper splitter:

IMG_0925_zpsh9a4qzrh.jpg

IMG_0891_zps0gwfgome.jpg

Black Chrome wheels (Lepson’s) & new style badges:

photo_zps49d640ae.jpg

White LED instruments:

photo1_zps4fd23576.jpg

Pioneer App radio:

photo3_zps576985b3.jpg

IMG_1146_zpspsemvvti.jpg

The only bit of ‘wear’ on the seats:

IMG_1147_zps3ejfy8dw.jpg

IMG_1143_zpsuzg3eptk.jpg

IMG_1144_zpsxiqbxrdr.jpg

IMG_1145_zpsiyygzbpg.jpg

IMG_1148_zpsza0ue9fn.jpg

1.9 PD130 (AWX)

5 speed manual

Will be approx. 98K miles (currently on 97K)

MOT April 16th 2016

Edition 100 (basically an Elegance with added options!) std spec:

Black Magic (the only colour available for an Edition 100)

Sunset glass

solar Sunroof

Rear sunblind

Piano black trim

Twin chrome exhaust

Electric grey leather seats (heated front & rear)

Bi-xenons

MFSW

Cruise control

Cat vision ambient lighting

Parking sensors

Umbrella in rear door

Air con (very cold)

Auto dimming rear view mirror

Auto wipers

Since owning it I have refined it further by replacing the following:

Bilstein B12 suspension... the car now handles (for a large car) and is actually better than it was on the old OE suspension.

New discs and pads all round

Sachs clutch

Bosch S5 battery (c/w 5 year warranty until 11/08/2019)

Bosch aero wiper blades

Full service (including gearbox oil change)

Wheels refurbished by Lepson’s in ‘Black Chrome’ (£446.40)

Instrument lighting changed to white LED’s ... meaning you can actually read the dials clearly now!

New style badges throughout (apart from the steering wheel airbag)

Pioneer App radio

Ring Xenon Max (H3) main beam bulbs

LED bulbs in the interior, front sidelights and numberplate lights

Extra ‘Edition 100' badge on boot

Bentley style remote and key

Please do not expect a mint showroom condition car, but considering it’s 9 ½ years old and has 97K miles (so low mileage) it is in very good pampered condition.

Car is located in Folkestone Kent and will be available at a guess in December (the estimated delivery date for my MKIII Superb)

£3,500.

Edited by Gizmo68
added info
  • Like 3

Ah yes it also has a tow bar fitted (I have removed the swan neck ball) but the wiring is still present cable tied out of sight behind the bumper, the tow ball will of course come with the car.

Any interior picts of seats etc?

Does it come with a services history and/or receipts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interior photo’s now added to the 1st post, not sure why the colour of them has come out a bit blue, I can only assume it is my phone as they are not blue!!

• Like 1

chuffin hell im after 1 of these but auto..  im gutted

I would only choose an auto if you really have no choice as the auto box is not renowned for doing mega miles without being rebuilt!

• Like 1

Would you mind listing all the maintenance/repairs miles and dates if franchised. Local or DIY ?

Really helps. Thanks.

Hi Gizmo,

That improved instrument lighting..... did you solder in white led's to replace the green ones, and did you also replace the red ones for the needles?

I've been looking at ways to make them visible in daylight and improved the numbers with a length of stick-on led tape around the inside of the circular housing behind each dial, but the needle illumination is proving a bit more difficult.

Thanks for any information!

Would you mind listing all the maintenance/repairs miles and dates if franchised. Local or DIY ?

Really helps. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay, been working silly hours this week.

11,488 miles IMP Plymouth (Škoda) 5/3/08

21,500 miles Kelly Communication 

30,900 miles Kelly Communication 

40,998 miles Kelly Communication 

51,024 miles Kelly Communication 

59,874 miles Kelly Communication 

67,538 miles Kelly Communication 

72,904 Hanley Enterprises (inc cambelt) 11/8/12

77,973 Porsche Portsmouth 10/8/13

82,980 miles Porsche Portsmouth 9/5/14

92,109 DIY... Oil & filter, Air filter, fuel filter, gearbox oil change + new CTS 11/7/15

I changed the discs and pads at around 84K miles in June 2014

I realise the Kelly servicing details are a bit poor due to no dates being recorded, but IMO it’s the more recent services that are more important to how the car is to date.

Hi Gizmo,

That improved instrument lighting..... did you solder in white led's to replace the green ones, and did you also replace the red ones for the needles?

I've been looking at ways to make them visible in daylight and improved the numbers with a length of stick-on led tape around the inside of the circular housing behind each dial, but the needle illumination is proving a bit more difficult.

Thanks for any information!

The instruments were done by Dark_Hero on here, the std LED’s were all replaced with white ones (individually soldered in!!) 

Sorry for the delay, been working silly hours this week.

11,488 miles IMP Plymouth (Škoda) 5/3/08

21,500 miles Kelly Communication

30,900 miles Kelly Communication

40,998 miles Kelly Communication

51,024 miles Kelly Communication

59,874 miles Kelly Communication

67,538 miles Kelly Communication

72,904 Hanley Enterprises (inc cambelt) 11/8/12

77,973 Porsche Portsmouth 10/8/13

82,980 miles Porsche Portsmouth 9/5/14

92,109 DIY... Oil & filter, Air filter, fuel filter, gearbox oil change + new CTS 11/7/15

I changed the discs and pads at around 84K miles in June 2014

I realise the Kelly servicing details are a bit poor due to no dates being recorded, but IMO it’s the more recent services that are more important to how the car is to date.

Can you confirm that first service was indeed 2008?

Don't normally stick my nose into for sale threads unless I'm looking to buy.. Seen the car in the flesh, great genuine car, if l was looking for one, this one would be top of the list. Martin is really quite a fastidious owner, and the car is extremely well looked after.

All the best with the sale Martin.

• Like 1

The instruments were done by Dark_Hero on here, the std LED’s were all replaced with white ones (individually soldered in!!) 

Thanks.  I'll perhaps have investigate with the spare instrument cluster I have, before working on the real one.

Don't normally stick my nose into for sale threads unless I'm looking to buy.. Seen the car in the flesh, great genuine car, if l was looking for one, this one would be top of the list. Martin is really quite a fastidious owner, and the car is extremely well looked after.

All the best with the sale Martin.

Cheers Mike  :thumbup:

• Like 1

After seeing another couple of threads popping up lately I thought I would mention (I thought I had actually put it in the 1st post) that this car has never suffered the ‘water ingress’ issue that all MKI Superbs and B5 / B5.5 Passats will suffer from if not rectified.

The carpet has been lifted up and the floor is as clean (and dry) as the day it left the factory.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to testify, I have seen this car in the flesh on several occasions and it really is in good order, this description is very comprehensive and accurate.

This is a car worth travelling for!

GLWTS

• Like 1

Cheers Rob  :thumbup:

After seeing another couple of threads popping up lately I thought I would mention (I thought I had actually put it in the 1st post) that this car has never suffered the ‘water ingress’ issue that all MKI Superbs and B5 / B5.5 Passats will suffer from if not rectified.

The carpet has been lifted up and the floor is as clean (and dry) as the day it left the factory.

Despite this ^^^ I now have a length of the official VAG replacement pollen filter sealing cord (thanks to jimbof) which I intend to fit the moment we get a dry weekend... just for piece of mind.

• Like 1

Despite this ^^^ I now have a length of the official VAG replacement pollen filter sealing cord (thanks to jimbof) which I intend to fit the moment we get a dry weekend... just for piece of mind.

All changed today, the original one on the car was still in one piece and hadn’t leaked (as confirmed by the condition of the floors previously when I checked them) but the new seal is all in place now:

IMG_1214_zpsapae7eku.jpg

IMG_1216_zpsfbp9ktdv.jpg

• Like 1