Torn between a 230RS and a 290Cupra, your opinions please?

Let us know how the cupra ST goes if you do finally plump for it. Would like to know from a real user just how much difference the adaptive chassis makes flicking between hard and soft suspension. I expect most cupra owners in the UK will have it set to comfort and everything else set to cupra mode lol #crappyukroads....

How does your wife like that idea lol. Mine hates me test driving cars that I can afford to buy :P

I was thinking how do you know I'm married, then realised the joy of registering with Facebook is it uses your Facebook photo lol

My Mrs is a petrol head anyway, however at the moment so long as the boot is big enough she doesn't mind. The baby even came for the test drive in the VRS so will be this time as well haha

Pity you can't get the Cupra engine, diff and suspension on the VRS as that's what I'd order in a shot and just be patient! I'd even take the 230VRS if the money was right :(

Let us know how the cupra ST goes if you do finally plump for it. Would like to know from a real user just how much difference the adaptive chassis makes flicking between hard and soft suspension. I expect most cupra owners in the UK will have it set to comfort and everything else set to cupra mode lol #crappyukroads....

Makes a big difference. I am happy to drive around in cupra mode but the wife and my daughter don't like it.

You can use indivual mode though and have the suspension set to comfort or sport and the rest of the settings to cupra. One of the coolest things in cupra mode is the door LEDs turn red....looks great a night.

Edited by Brettreading

I'm now test driving one this week, all thanks to this thread...

Your welcome :)  If you're test driving a Cupra, I would seriously think about test driving a Honda Civic Type R as well... you may like it :)

The Superb 2.0 280PS 4x4 also looks like a viable option, though I'm not sure how much they are in the UK.  It has adaptive suspension, but not sure about the diff.  I'd love to test drive one, but there are none available with that set up.  It really is a 'sleeper' car I think.

Your welcome :) If you're test driving a Cupra, I would seriously think about test driving a Honda Civic Type R as well... you may like it :)

Shame it looks like it has been driven through halfords with a magnet though!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The Superb 2.0 280PS 4x4 also looks like a viable option, though I'm not sure how much they are in the UK.  It has adaptive suspension, but not sure about the diff.  I'd love to test drive one, but there are none available with that set up.  It really is a 'sleeper' car I think.

It only has adaptive as standard if you go for the L&K otherwise it's an option. Mines on a ship as I type :-)

Shame it looks like it has been driven through halfords with a magnet though!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Haha, exactly right! I've been told they are quite expensive to service as well.

It only has adaptive as standard if you go for the L&K otherwise it's an option. Mines on a ship as I type :-)

The Superb is a gorgeous car... very good pick! I'm after something a little less sensible and we've got a 2011 Superb at work (probably with one of those engines that is all over the news).  Maybe they'll swap it for a brand new one :)

• Like 1

Your welcome :) If you're test driving a Cupra, I would seriously think about test driving a Honda Civic Type R as well... you may like it :)

In test driving the ST as need s bigger boot. ST's boot is smaller than the VRS hatch by 3L!