1.4 tdi Remap

HJM12

Even if you can re-map it, are you going to do it before the whole VW Emissions Scandal is revealed and all actions completed and 

also Void the Manufacturers Warranty on the Engine?

Maybe enquire with 'Shark Performance' or some other UK Tuner if they can remap without opening the ECU or even if they can opening it.

There are Tuning Boxes advertised for the 1.4 TDI Euro 6 Engine.

Even if you can re-map it, are you going to do it before the whole VW Emissions Scandal is revealed and all actions completed and 

also Void the Manufacturers Warranty on the Engine?

Maybe enquire with 'Shark Performance' or some other UK Tuner if they can remap without opening the ECU or even if they can opening it.

There are Tuning Boxes advertised for the 1.4 TDI Euro 6 Engine.

Emissions scandal doesn't affect this engine? Also I didn't ask for an opinion or whether i should or shouldn't do it. Lots of people remap their cars whilst still in warranty.

Thanks for the tuning box suggestion.It's odd that a tuning box company I saw listed the Polo 1.4 tdi 105 but not the Fabia, maybe they don't yet recognise it as a model? Strange.  :D

The Engine certainly is not affected by the Scandal. the testing that is coming might be. Because there is more to come on VW and Software.

& as the 3 Cylinder 1.4 TDI in the Form of being Euro 6 really has not had long in VW Vehicles its Longevity and and Snagging problems might still rear their ugly head.

A remap now is up to a £3,000 Gamble if there were engine issues and no Warranty to cover it.

Really there is nothing much new with the Euro 6 over a Euro 5 1.4 3 Cylinder TDI other than the Mapping.

Locked ECU's as well.

Maybe offer your can to a UK Tuner / Remapper as a Development car have they have not already 

done work on a Euro 6 1.4TDI ECU.

Knew it was only a matter of time before the Remap question was answered! 

I don't reckon the 3-pot has much more to give than 110bhp if i'm honest. A Euro 5 1.6TDI 4-pot can only reach a useable 145bhp at best (before it gets really expensive).

However, someone somewhere will offer their car up for development at some point... And then we'll know. For now, it's a pretty new engine.

I don't think that the engine in the current Fabia was ever a Euro 5 engine. It was launched in the facelift Polo last year, which was Euro 6 from the beginning IIRC.

• Like 1

Correct,

but then the Euro 4 1.4 R3 TDI PD 51-66 kW was 3 cylinder, diesel and what comes after really is not revolutionary from VW 

when it is a Cylinder block, pistons, rings, cranks, Bearings, rods etc, even when the Head & injection, intake and exhaust changes.

It is just about Emissions, and some software and getting through tests, and drinking diesel oil and not polluting much,

at least during EU testing.

Remapping is well within the wit of man / woman, its sometimes you just need to open the ECU and change some components.

Looking forward to see who does what to up their output.

Often it is VW them self, same hardware and charge the customer for a little Software Tweak.