Windows "Cortana" not reading Texts

as title really, my current POS Renault will announce and offer to read incoming texts if I want via the Cortana app. The Demo Octavia Skoda have lent me has the Amundsen Sat Nav system and doesnt seem to want to play ball, phone works great but nothing if I get texts

Thanks Shuggy. I wondered why i was not getting texts read out since I'd changed from my Leon to my new Scout.

The other thing to check is in the advanced Bluetooth settings I have activated the 'use an alternative Bluetooth audio connection for speech'. My phone is a Nokia Lumia, not sure if yours will have the same function? Worth a look...

The other thing to check is in the advanced Bluetooth settings I have activated the 'use an alternative Bluetooth audio connection for speech'. My phone is a Nokia Lumia, not sure if yours will have the same function? Worth a look...

Mines a Lumia too, 635 I think,  and I have seen that setting so will give it a try tomorrow, thanks again

Can i ask chaps does this also allow Google Maps or another nav app to butt in over current media source.

I tried Google maps once in my older GTD and it only announced if using BT audio media.