For all those buying on PCP.

Don't know what position all others are in but just noticed on Skoda finance calculator that the arrangement fee is £0 and final purchase fee is now £10. Down from £125 and £60.

I have just been to speak with salesperson and they have confirmed that although my finance is arranged already, they will refund the fees when I pick up the car. Whenever that may be!!!!!

• Like 2

Can save someone a couple of tanks of fuel. Can anyone explain how I speak to Skoda and get confirmed build date etc. I ordered mine on 26 the Sept. Was told approx build date of end Nov beginning of Dec delivery in time for Christmas.

Quite new on here so help is much appreciated.

I was advised that the £125 is now split across the term of the PCP? I ordered on 1 October which is when this all changed.

Keep and eye on the monthly figure of your PCP after getting the refund chaps! It will probably be increased ever so slightly to accommodate the £125 split across your term.

• Like 1

On the subject of PCP..... not collected the car yet.

My order agreement has a mileage of 12k per annum. Am I able to change this up to the point that I sign the finance agreement? Want to reduce this to lower the payments. Highly unlikely I will hand the car back, so excess mileage charges not an issue.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yes of course you can. Just ask the dealer to adjust the plan. I've tweaked mine numerous times before signing and returning.

Thanks. This is a result of playing with that finance calculator there, and seeing the difference between 5k and 15k per annum monthly payments! [emoji15]
  • Like 1

Thanks. This is a result of playing with that finance calculator there, and seeing the difference between 5k and 15k per annum monthly payments! [emoji15]

Yep makes a huge difference. But do t forget the GMFV will also be higher on a low mileage PCP so your final payment when keeping the car will be more.

Just do the full calculations... Add every monthly installments and then the final payment for the current plan, then the amended one with the 5k mileage, and make sure the difference is worth it. You may end up paying more for keeping the car in the end with a low mileage PCP monthly payment and larger balloon payment!

• Like 1

I was advised that the £125 is now split across the term of the PCP? I ordered on 1 October which is when this all changed.

Keep and eye on the monthly figure of your PCP after getting the refund chaps! It will probably be increased ever so slightly to accommodate the £125 split across your term.

I don't know which dealer told you this but its not what it says in the terms and conditions at the bottom where the * are. It clearly states the account fee will be added to the first payment and likewise the purchase fee to the final payment.

Yep makes a huge difference. But do t forget the GMFV will also be higher on a low mileage PCP so your final payment when keeping the car will be more.

Just do the full calculations... Add every monthly installments and then the final payment for the current plan, then the amended one with the 5k mileage, and make sure the difference is worth it. You may end up paying more for keeping the car in the end with a low mileage PCP monthly payment and larger balloon payment!

Just do what I am doing. Work out the PCP you want then ask them to input an increased monthly payment to what you want and you pay a bit more a month what you can afford and this brings the balloon payment down and saves you a little interest. I have then set up a ISA with a monthly standing order which after 42 months will cover the balloon payment.

Just think of it as a cheap interest loan with the option of giving the car back if things get desperate.

Edited by Neilmonstermell1

Hi I have set my pcp at 5K/year as the payments were lower but you are right that the final payment is a bit higher. This doesn't effect me as I plan on paying the whole loan off after 6 months anyway. I only got the pcp to get the £2000 discount from the car. The cash price was really bad virtually no discount at all. so I'm playing the game I have been asked to leave it 6 month unless the finance company gets a bit upset with the dealership. but if you are planning on keeping the car its worth looking into.

Edited by woody3537

Not heard anything about getting my existing ring fenced deal amended but I did notice that the interest rate on the config has increased now the charges have been dropped. So depending on what you borrow on your pcp you will be paying something and maybe all the cost through the PCP.

Maybe that was the hidden message from the salesman?

Pete

The interest rate on Skoda config has actually gone down to 2.8% not up. So win win in my book.

Not heard anything about getting my existing ring fenced deal amended but I did notice that the interest rate on the config has increased now the charges have been dropped. So depending on what you borrow on your pcp you will be paying something and maybe all the cost through the PCP.

Maybe that was the hidden message from the salesman?

Pete

The interest quote on Skoda website has gone down. Not up. 2.8% now from 2.9%.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on this subject. I went into the dealers to confirm they are refunding £175 due to charging for approval fee and final purchase fee on the PCP. They confirmed they are , so instead of a refund I suggested putting it towards a 12 mth extended warranty. I will pay the balance of £125 on debit card when I pick the car up.

So another point is if you want extended warranty you can pay for it separately even though it's an optional extra and not pay for it through the PCP deal over 3- 4 years.

Anyone else have any joy in getting the fees refunded?

I contacted my dealer after reading this post, a few days before picking up my new car, I explained to him that the charges that he applied to my order back in July had been dropped, he simply went into my order on the Skoda System and and updated my order under the present finance option, this removed the charges, only leaving only the £10 option to purchase fee.

• Like 1

Same with me on Tuesday this week. The systems are now on 4Q2015 which automatically gives the latest offer costs. (i.e. no additional up front charge and only £10 at the end )

Pete

Guys, is this on a PCP, with the 2k dealer contribution?

I've just been in to sign my paperwork and the guys didn't know anything about it but will redo the paperwork if I find evidence.

Could someone post a link to the right page maybe, please?

If you check on the finance calculator http://www.skoda.co.uk/tools/finance-calculator/default/  you can see the current deal.

It is definitely the PCP offer with the £2k contribution. I signed mine on Thursday this week! My sales guy said his systems were reset to Q42015. As that system is VW finance I cant see why your dealer is saying 'no'.

• 4 weeks later...

The dealer (that I've been dithering over ordering) emailed me to say they have been told there is going to be more than the £2000 off,   was going to run a quote online,  anyone know if he was trying to prompt me, or is there a genuine increased discount about to be announced ?

Looks like the finance calculator is offline at the moment, you can get this screen (see link) , but it wont open, makes me suspicious that something is being changed which is why it isn't available, but what is changing ?  my logic is If no changes being made, why has it been taken offline ?

http://www.skoda.co.uk/tools/finance-calculator/default/