Bluetooth Audio problem

I've noticed a annoying issue with the factory blue tooth, not sure if it's a phone thing or not

Periodically whilst listening to music via Bluetooth, the volume will reduce for no reason. The volume is up on full on the phone and not touching the volume in the car, it just goes quieter by itself.

Anyone else get this?

iPhone 6

IOS 9 (also did on IOS8)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep I had/have something similar. What are you playing the music from... Spotify etc?

I notice it on mine when music or podcast is playing and then a notification sound is played, which lowers the audio to play the sound but the sound doesn't return to a normal level. Changing to another source from the head unit, thereby pausing the Bluetooth source and cycling back to Bluetooth restores the volume. Only happens to me occasionally. Not every notification for example

The problem you describe used to happen to me but it has since gone away but I never did manage to narrow down a cause except the same source switching which worked every time and was the quickest way around it. Also an iPhone 5s/6 with same iOS versions. I've a bolero head unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that's right, when a notification comes through it does quieten but mine goes back to normal come.

This problem happens when no notification is coming through and during playing music from the phone, no streaming.

Oh and for me to return volume to normal, I have to turn Bluetooth off and back on. Changing the audio sources doesn't work for me :-/

Maybe I'll un-pair the phone and re-pair it up again see if that helps.

Always worth a shot for this kinda thing. When you say you turn off the Bluetooth, do you do it on the phone or on the head unit? I recall also, that killing the music app, Spotify etc, and relaunching would cause it to resume at normal volume without interfering with the Bluetooth connection at all, hence my asking what app you were playing it from. Sounds like the stock music app?

• Like 1

I shut off the Bluetooth on the phone and that usually returns it to normal volume.

I'll try closing down the other apps. I only play music from off my phone as my data download isn't big so dot use the likes of Spotify etc.

I tend to get 'cracking' (sounds like blown tweeters) via iPhone bluetooth on mine - if i use cable its not an issue. I think its something to do with volume settings between iPhone and the car (bit like the 'line-in' being too loud).

I tend to get 'cracking' (sounds like blown tweeters) via iPhone bluetooth on mine - if i use cable its not an issue. I think its something to do with volume settings between iPhone and the car (bit like the 'line-in' being too loud).

That sounds like an bizarre problem. You tried Bluetooth with any other receivers?

OT: I hate the notification "bling" while listening to music

Annoys me sometimes. If you flip the vibrate switch then it won't ping over the music. Not ideal but works if you're getting a lot in a row