Flashing glow plug light followed by Exhaust management light

So I'm writing this post more to help and get people's opinions along with maybe a small discussion rather than to get an answer to a load questions.

2012 Monte Carlo 105 TDI, second owner 30,000 miles. 

So today driving to work. Glow plug light comes come up flashing while just as I cruising at about 80mph down the motorway to the next junction to work. Slow down to 65-70 and go the rest of the way to work (about 5-10 miles). Get to work switch engine off wait about 2 mins and turn the engine back on again for about 2 mins to see if anything comes up on the dash again. Nothing does.

Leave work. Exhaust management light comes on. I drive it steadily home from work the back way along A&B roads at max 50mph. No noticeable loss of power or activation of limp mode by the ECU. Parked up at home and contacted the local skoda dealership as I am still within the 3 year new car warranty period with only 4 days to go! (from the date of writing of this post) followed by an additional year of previous owner warranty thankfully! Anyway I spoke to a sales person (just before they closed) who then contacted their mechanic. At the current state of things I have been told by them not to drive my beloved monte and to contact them tomorrow morning when they open again to arrange collection of my car for diagnosis and possible repairs and to also to contact the warranty/roadside assistance people about this.

Have done a bit of browsing (as I'm not the most clued up person on car mechanics) from what I have found it could be anything from a faulty braking switch, DPF regeneration light or DPF sensor gone wrong (that's my hunch anyway). But I can't seem to find anywhere people with the same issue as me. Plenty of posts about VW group vehicles with a flashing glow plug light and one other that is quite similar to mine where the exhaust management light comes on but this was 3 days after the flashing glow plug light went out by its self. Where as for me it was all within the same day as soon as I turned the car on for my gentle journey home.

End of day 1 - will continue tomorrow with an update. 

Please feel free to leave your thoughts below.

I had the same. Glow plug light flashes when engine warmed up on the motorway. Lights goes out when starting from cold. Turned out to be an exhaust gas temperature sensor.

• Like 1