Fiesta ST

Richard92

I recently drove both the Zetec S and RED edition.

These have sports seats and sports suspension but not as extreme as the ST. Probably a bit better suited to everyday urban driving.

And if anything the handling feels better with the lighter 1.0 3 cylinder engine and more supple damping.

And through your Ford dealer you can now get a Mountune Upgade for your 1 litre giving 165PS and 250NM with 0-62 in 7.2 sec,

Interesting warm hatch.

Lee

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The run-out STs will have the suspension tweaks from the ST200 at no additional cost - doesn't seem to make much sense then to buy an ST200 when you can buy an ST-3, stick on a Mountune upgrade, and save yourself a few grand (unless you're really keen on 'Storm Grey'!) - although some people will like the exclusivity kudos of the 200.

• Like 1

Had one from new for 12,000 miles. Brilliant handling, and the Mountune215 helps with acceleration and induction noise. Build quality not brilliant though, known faults include TPMS failures, alloy wheel corrosion, and the reason I sold my car, DMF issues creating horrible noises from the transmission.

Edited by Yaris

The run-out STs will have the suspension tweaks from the ST200 at no additional cost - doesn't seem to make much sense then to buy an ST200 when you can buy an ST-3, stick on a Mountune upgrade, and save yourself a few grand (unless you're really keen on 'Storm Grey'!) - although some people will like the exclusivity kudos of the 200.

I just liked the interior more, and the wheels.

Not so sure on the paintwork but it's a cracking car to drive as my other two Fiesta STs were.

Had three STs now since the 1st in 2014.

Modern Fords just seem to handle so nicely compared to the competition.

• Like 1

I've only driven non-ST Fiestas and they're a pleasure to drive, so can only imagine the ST will be like that x 20.

My only concern is the build quality - old dear had a Fiesta (from new) and it had niggly problems (springs on all four corners went, Bluetooth stopped working, the boot catch had to be replaced and the air con failed) - however, it's a truism that you can talk yourself out of buying any car, especially if you spend a bit of time searching online.

Edited by Brian69

• 4 weeks later...

I've been a keen peruser of Autotrader recently and notice that two STs have been bumped up in price - one by about £300 and the other by £500 - first time I've seen that happen.

• Like 1