HT leads

minijawa

hello everyone was trying to fix a problem with my 1.4 16v 2001 fabia where i have a hunting idol and unresponsive throttle (more info on this in my other topic http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/375596-throttle-unresponsive-and-unsteady-idle/ ) so i was checking the ht leads to see if it could be a problem with spark plugs or ht leads or coil pack or something like that and as i removed the ht lead it started sparking in the chamber and then gave me a pretty bad electric shock and this was all from the rubber and obviously i dropped the lead and it rested on a bit of mettle and continued to spark away like crazy was wondering if this could be what was crossing my problem 

lucky you don't have a pacemaker :sweat:   it's not a good idea as far as the coil is concerned to run it unplugged unless the leads are relatively new,  I would replace the set with a good quality set cost approx £40 as opposed to £20 each from the stealers  how's the plugs?

yeah am rather lucky aha did hurt tho and have replaced them and the spark plugs with no effect to the issue  :( starting to look like i might have to get a new car  :(lucky you don't have a pacemaker :sweat:   it's not a good idea as far as the coil is concerned to run it unplugged unless the leads are relatively new,  I would replace the set with a good quality set cost approx £40 as opposed to £20 each from the stealers  how's the plugs?