Another heated seats retrofit

So I want to get OEM heated seats onto my FL blackline vrs, I've found a post that shows how to do it, but nowhere that gives me part numbers which is where I'm losing the plot.

Skodateliie is down and they keep asking me for part numbers when I email them asking for things, so I'm stuck, the temperature is going down and the wife is now trying to say her Peugeot 307 is better than my car because it has heated seats.

This cannot pass!

I know I need a control unit, loom, new head unit for the climate controls, and the heated seats pads, but does anyone know the part numbers for these things?

Thanks

I am half way through gathering the parts myself. What control unit are you referring to?

I have the following

Loom - Obtained from Eddie-NL.

Climapanel - Obtained from Woody. 

Heat pads - Bought from SKODA.

Part numbers for heating pads

2x 1Z0 963 557N
2x 1Z0 963 556B
2x 1Z0 963 555A

Seat wiring loom

1Z0 971 365DL (Drivers side)

1Z0 971 365DN (Passenger side)

Climatronic Panel with heated seat control

1K0 959 772 or 1Z0 959 772

Fitting info for wiring loom from Eddie-NL

Red Wire = Fusebox constant 12v

Brown = Ground

wire from (Pin 1) ten pin plug (one with more wires) goes to pin 21 on BCM plug B

wire from (Pin2 ) pin 10 on Climatronic T20

wire from (Pin 7 ) pin 11 on Climatronic T20

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the part numbers!

Why is there an 'or' for the climate panel though? also none of those part numbers appear to be the new front panel with heated seat buttons?

Edited by Antimus

hmm I thought there was a control box, that's fine, thanks for the part numbers!

I'll get right on this.

Now I'm not saying there isn't one because I have not done the retrofit yet. Eddie-NL has.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/275257-adding-heated-seats-to-my-vrs/?hl=%2Bheated+%2Bseat#entry3258437

He does mention a control box. I will drop him a pm.

Pretty sure the two part numbers are the heated seat controllers rather than the climate panel.

Assuming you have dual zone climate control, for the climate panel you probably want something like: 3T0 907 044 BL

edit: there is an entire list here so you can confirm your current PR codes and make sure the new one is the same + heated seats: http://www.partsbase.org/skoda/octavia-oct-eu-2012-94150-switches-in-dashboard-switches-in-central-console-control-unit-for-air-con-sun-sensor/#p-sko-3t0907044bl

• Like 1

Yeah, the HVAC controls can be super expensive. Think there is one for about £60 on ebay currently, a few more from about £85 and rising.

Pretty sure either of the two part numbers for the controllers should be fine. They do the same thing but come from different cars, partbase suggest the 1K0 version is correct: http://www.partsbase.org/skoda/octavia-oct-eu-2012-96300-seat-and-backrest-heated/#p-sko-1k0959772

Not sure if you'd need one or two but I would expect one per seat - I'll try and check some wiring diagrams tonight.

Just been on the phone to skoda the latest part number for the controller is 1z0 959 772C roughly £17 each and you need two.

The seat looms 1Z0 971 365DL/DN are roughly £17.50 each.

All my parts are now ordered. (Roughly it has cost around £430 in parts)

The seat looms are a special order and will take 5 -7 days to arrive.

now the question is how easy is it to dismantle the seats? there was a company in York that used to do it for you but now they supply their own heated seat systems and won't fit anything else, annoying.

So I emailed my local dealer for costs and they said for the dash unit I need is 3T0 907 044 CE WHS, not 3T0 907 044 BL (as per above post), and it costs £571.71

I can get the CE for less than £100 from a breaker, do I really need the specific one the dealer specified?

1Z0 971 365DL wiring loom £14.63
1Z0 971 365DN wiring loom £14.63
2 x 1Z0 959 772C controller £31.38
2x 1Z0 963 557N seat pad £56.56
2x 1Z0 963 556B seat pad £29.56
2x 1Z0 963 555A seat pad S/S H £29.56
and the new head unit for the dashboard which I think is:
3T0 907 044 BL S/S 3T0907044CEWHS £571.71

All prices subject to VAT

Edited by Antimus

The head unit can be found on ebay for a lot less than that. I paid 80 quid for a brand new FL one with heated seats when I upgraded my pre FL controls to the nicer look.

• 1 month later...