RNS 315 - help with mic!

h3srr

Hi

I have just fitted the above to my 2012 Fabia Monte. My question is, will my car hav a mic already fitted? If not, what pins do I need to wire my pic to?

I know that EddieNL has a number of mins to sell, the other option is to get, and fit one of these.

Many thanks

Steve

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I did "try" to remove the overhead light unit, but it did a good job of defeating me! Not wishing to try to hard, to avoid breaking it! Looks like I need to try a bit harder.

Again thanks. As I already have a mic with an external/add on Bluetooth kit, I am hoping that maybe I can use that if needed.

Steve

It may have screws holding it in, try these instructions as I think a 2012 is a MKII: http://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/fabia-mk2/vehicle_electrics/electrical_system/lights_lamps_switches_inside_anti-theft_system/interior_lights_and_warning_light_for_front_passenger_airbag_deactivation/removing_and_installing_the_interior_light_in_the_roof_cover/

When you say an external bluetooth kit, do you mean an OEM module or something like a parrot?

Are you fitting a RNS315 with built in bluetooth? What did you have before you started, just trying to figure out what wiring you're likely to have.

• Like 1

Hi - great a local guy!!

As you are "local", I purchased my Monte from ALS at Little Downham, great place!!

When I bought it, it had a Swing and a parrot Bluetooth kit. Which worked fine, but it's not the easiest thing to use while driving. I then went to a Bolero, and worked fine but not the best fit.

I have since got a RNS315 Amunden+, which fits and works great, but I have yet to try the Bluetooth. The Parrot is still connected, but as I have said has my Monte already got a mic fitted, if not do I go down the original route or wire in the external mic from the parrot?

It's just one of the things I am playing with, along with my all the bits for my vRS!

Steve

Never made it up to ALS, mine came from Vindis in Cambridge. Hoping to keep the Octavia for a while but I'll definitely wonder up when I'm next in the market.

Just a quick silly question to avoid getting caught out, I assume you checked the RNS315 for a MAC address that isn't all zeros? Just want to make sure it has BT fitted before going any further ;)

In theory, you can reuse the Parrot microphone, but you would need to cut it's original connector off and crimp a new one that's compatible with the RNS315. It might also suffer from sound quality issues as I would expect all OEM microphones probably meet a very similar specification which the Parrot may not.

Part numbers:
3B7035447B - connector
000979009 - repair wire with correct crimp attached
N90764701 - just the crimp without the repair wire

I wouldn't expect the quadlock to have anything in top left section (from dukedl's post) so it should just clip in place. There might be a SOT lead from the Parrot to confuse matters...

Personally, I would grab the kit as it rules out any issues with the Parrot microphone and leave you with a completely hidden install - I assume the current microphone is on show? It should also let you remove the Parrot and sell it ;)

Hi Welsh Kia boy

Yes I know, but Eddie seems to be a difficult guy to contact! I have a post on his thread already. I know he is a great and knowable guy, As he has done some work on my Monte already.

And I DO need to get back to see him soon

Steve