Filler flap help

HorneyMX5

Hi All,

My yeti has a problem with the filler flap actuator hardly ever working. The good news is it's under Skoda used car warranty and they've approved the claim to have it repaired. The bad news is that due to parts for other issues with the car being on back order it will be a while till it's booked in. I tried to persuad them to do the work in two sessions but they've refused telling me they are not allowed and to call Skoda assist if the car fails. Brilliant.

I need to use the car for circa 2,000 miles over the next couple of weeks including towing a race car to Anglesey for the Mission Motorsport Race of Remembrance. I can't afford to be stranded with being unable to fuel the thing.

So to the point, does anyone have any ideas on how to keep the flap unlocked permanently until the repair? 

Thanks!

Without access to m'Yeti to test it, two things come to mind:

Thing 1: leave the door ajar.  This will allow you unrestrained access.  This will also advertise unrestrained access to anybody walking past.

Thing 2: investigate the locking solenoid - it is a positive action or is it sprung?  If the latter, can you simply blank over the locking solenoid pin with some tape or similar to disable it?