Black chrome wheels

Cleo

A mate was looking at some for his car after seeing them on scumtree, they looked good till he saw that the insides were gloss black not the black chrome on the front, is that right enough, the seller said to him they had to be done like that to keep them within spec.....true or bs

Thanks Chris I'll pass this on, yes there's seemingly a few photos in his as showing the black on the inside....so why are they not all done like ordinary coatings, I think it's odd

Cost I reckon

This cost me £300

I'm going to have my MX-5 17" alloys done soon ...in the same finish

It's very nice but honestly don't see why it's so expensive as I said to him too, looks good though, maybe it's me but I like an alloy (especially) if silver ect to be all the same inside, it makes them very clean

The wheels are painted black 1st, then a thinnish coat of silver paint is added to the outside to give the chrome effect, then they are lacquered. 

I had my edition 100 alloys done this way.

photo_zps49d640ae.jpg

• Like 1