ACC issue ?

Bored today so thinking too much...

Anyway, after a recent drive in the new Superb, I noticed it wouldn't let me "undertake" whilst on ACC ie filtering off a motorway, so when I'm driving overseas does the car know it's ok to undertake or is there some setting??

Just been reading the online manual and not sure if this will work with the ACC but for the lighting system (xenons anyway) you can tell the info system that you are abroad (Travel mode)  and it adusts the lights accordingly but it might also work with the ACC. This its one question that I would like to know the answer to as I got to France once or twice each year, long journeys on the motorway is mostly controlled with cruise control and if it wont allow that I wont be  a happy chappy.  

Can't you just turn the acc off and have normal cruise control?

No. It's ACC or no cruise. As for the OP, I'm wondering if there was a curve or something in the road that made the ACC think the vehicle was in the same lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been using the acc on a selection of roads in North Yorkshire. Motorway, fast A roads, 30 mph. Some with pretty tight bends.

Have to say that I had some worries about acc. I love normal cruise and use it all the time. Saved me from tickets a few times.

Acc is fantastic and has so far performed flawlessly. The great thing with it is that in my old Scout if I was say in a 30mph area on a downhill section it would run away and I would have to brake or change down which would in turn kick out the cruise.

In the Superb it not only changes down but also applies to brakes to keep at the selected limit !

No. It's ACC or no cruise. As for the OP, I'm wondering if there was a curve or something in the road that made the ACC think the vehicle was in the same lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a method of deactivating the A of the ACC but I do not know what that is, as I had asked that question to the Regional Business Manager.

The road was straight, junction of A14/A11 towards Cambridge. I was in lane 1 to stay on A14, truck was in lane 2 for A11. As I got within a truck lengthish ACC detection screen on Maxidot showed vehicle to the right of the normal detection area and car braked sharply, I had to accelerate to continue at my chosen speed.

I know that the adaptive bit of the cruise control can be switched off but when I driving for 15hrs to the Alps I want the ACC to take a bit of the stress away!

From what I have read on here, that's not possible. Is this the case?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont think its possible. I been looking for a way to do it on my Octy, no luck so far.

I really like the ACC, but when it snows the radarunit clogs up quite fast and that means no cruise at all.

I really like the ACC, but when it snows the radarunit clogs up quite fast and that means no cruise at all. 

I had Merc E320 with 'Distronic' (same thing) a few years ago that always shut down as soon as it rained more than a slight drizzle.

Annoying thing was that in bad weather the system should really come into it's own.

Edited by philsmith

Little man from Skoda called me today, he said I was wrong. The ACC system doesn't care which side the other cars are on and only uses the car directly infront as it's "target"

Edited by Q102