Westfalia Towbar on 2015 Scout

I've fitted one to my 2015 hatch, more or less the same fitment as the Scout. Straightforward enough job, although some of the bumper fastenings are a bit fiddly. Took myself and a pal about three hours, although having done it the once could probably halve that time in future.

I sent the above photos to Westfalia and they replied "what the hell" or words to that effect

Basically, that tow bar has been fitted wrong and the rear valance doesn't need to be cut at all.

So I need to find another fitter!

Thank you both. 

So, after speaking to Westfalia above and feeling a little better. Someone else replied to my email query...

Hi,

I spoke to your towbar help line today about a towbar for my 2015 Octavia Scout. I'd been told by PJ Jones that they did not fit, your fitter assured me they did. So I called back PJ Jones to find out about the problems they had. 

They sent me the following photos, please would you confirm that this is the same hole you've had to make when fitting a towbar on a 2015 Octavia Scout.

Many thanks
Keith

Thank you for your enquiry through our Westfalia website.

This is not a straight forward question unfortunately. The situation with the 2015 Octavia scout is that we supply Skoda in Germany with towbar 317132 and they have never experienced the need for a visible bumper cut (Skoda photo attached), however recently PF jones fitted this to a UK model and found that the bumper did actually require a visible cut as shown in the photos they sent to you.

For this reason we are currently investigating variations in models and cannot tell you if your Scout will require a visible cut or not. For the time being we can only recommend that our towbar is not fitted if the cut out is not acceptable to you.

There are no functionality issues at all, purely the possibility of a visible bumper cut.

I am sorry I cannot provide you with a guaranteed answer at present but our information will be updated when investigations are complete.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

With kind regards

Luck of the draw!

Edited by Masekwm