Wiring diagram for Skoda Yeti

Markus999

Hi guys,

I'm fitting an aftermarket radio into my Skoda Yeti S 2013 2.0 TDI

It currently has a fitted Swing radio, I've baught an ISO wiring harness that the seller advised would fit all Skoda Yetis however the wiring on it doesn't look to conform to the wiring on the current plug coming out from the yeti so I need to try and match the correct wires up but there is nothing in the Skoda yeti manual to say what the wires do currently in the Skoda yeti.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this? Or a map of what each of the coloured wires does that I'm seeing in the yeti?

I'm fine with the speaker cables it's just the rest im not sure of.

It has:

2x Red with Yellow Stripes wires

1x Orange with purple stripes

1x Orange with Brown stripes

1x Thick Brown wire

I'd really appreciate any help or diagrams you can advise,

Many thanks,

Mark

I've included a picture link below of the wiring coming out of the Skoda Yeti into the current Swing Radio - im fine with all the wires on the yellow connector, its just the molded black connector (circled in red) im unsure of.

Im guessing that the Red with Yellow stripes wires are 1 for the battery constant and the other for the Ignition Power.

Can anyone help please? many thanks

http://tinypic.com/r/2extzc6/9

2extzc6.jpg

Looking at various other sites, it does look as though both those pins are permanent live, and as said the radio is 'turned on' through can bus signals.

I think the pins in question are 15&16 on the 'Multi-pin connector 2' here:

http://www.my-gti.com/529/volkswagen-rns-510-pin-assignments

HTH

Jim

As above, get yourself a Multimeter and test each wire.

And I'm not sure Trundlnut is correct about there being no switched live.

There is not a switched live. The MkII octavia is the same. All can bus controlled. The switched live also behave differently from previous cars, in that power is cut as soon as the ignition is turned off rather than when the key is removed from the lock.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

There is not a switched live. The MkII octavia is the same. All can bus controlled. The switched live also behave differently from previous cars, in that power is cut as soon as the ignition is turned off rather than when the key is removed from the lock.

That sounds like a switched live to me, CanBus or key operated. :notme:

There will also probably be a constant live to maintain memory functions etc.

Edited by Urrell

That sounds like a switched live to me, CanBus or key operated. :notme:

There will also probably be a constant live to maintain memory functions etc.

There is not a 12v supply to the HU which powers off when you turn off the ignition.

There is at least one row of fuses which provide a switched live in the fuse box though. You will either need to connect to one of these or use a can bus converter box thingy to provide a switched live at the HU.

Thanks for the replies guys, the link from muddyjim really helped and i've re-wired the harness.

Im unsure what the top two Orange with Purple Stripes wires do, they seem to run up to the dash so i've left them out for now.

I've attempted connecting it tonight and it works now, the only problem seems to be it doesnt auto-power on on ignition and doesnt power off once the car is turned off.

I can manually power off the unit, im wondering if i might have to switch the ignition positive and battery constant positive wires around? does this sound right?

Many thanks

Thanks for the replies guys, the link from muddyjim really helped and i've re-wired the harness.

Im unsure what the top two Orange with Purple Stripes wires do, they seem to run up to the dash so i've left them out for now.

I've attempted connecting it tonight and it works now, the only problem seems to be it doesnt auto-power on on ignition and doesnt power off once the car is turned off.

I can manually power off the unit, im wondering if i might have to switch the ignition positive and battery constant positive wires around? does this sound right?

Many thanks

Where have you taken the switched live from?

Sorry i missed the post above, your correct in that this will need to be connected to the CAN-BUS as this tells the unit when to power up / down on ignition.

I've tested both the 2 wires which i thought were 1 for Battery Constant 1 for Ignition and both of them have a 12v current going through both when the car's engine is on and when its switched off.

I'm going to see if i can find a CAN-BUS adapter for this, the unit i've installed is the Kenwood dnx525dab

Many thanks