Air Horns

Has anyone fitted a set of air horns to an Octavia 3?

Where is there space to mount the trumpets, where was the compressor mounted?

Fitted some to my 2011 Leon FR, all I needed to do was remove the grille from the bumper. I don't beleive the Octy grille can be removed.

Lower grille comes out easily. The two side pieces just pull out, then the wide central section. Might need a thin blade carefully between the vertical joints, it's all a very tight fit. No screws, bolts, etc.

Now, the upper grille, well, that's a whole different story.

Mine is a Scout, not sure the lower grille is same as standard Octavia, but I will have a look thanks

Get a nice set of Nathan 5 chime air horns, they would probably hear you in Alaska (and you can blow any local busybodies off the road !!)

They are stupid money???

I already have a set I bought off eBay for £16.

Mounted the trumpets today whilst I was fitting the front mud flaps and had a wheel off. I fitted them to the wheel arch Liner, removed a load of screws & pulled the liner to one side to get them in, will post a photo soon. I still need to mount the compressor and splice the trigger wires for the relay into the existing horn wiring

Here is a photo ( a crappy one) showing where I mounted the trumpets.

The wheel arch Liner had almost all the screws out around the front, but it was still a squeeze to get the horns in, also to get my hand in to fit the nuts onto the bolts! That is my excuse for the crappy photo.

post-134873-0-99602100-1447262549_thumb.jpg