Amundsent Text Alert?

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been repeated - I couldn't find it by searching.

Does anyone know if the Amundsen unit provide text message alerts/read out options?  I've an iphone 6 so bearing in mind the current lack of co-ordination I'm not holding out much hope it works with this device but I'm curious as to whether the functionality exists with the Amundsen. 

Cheers

M

Yes it does with a compatible phone providing it is one of the newer 6.5" (or 8") MIB2 units that can support two connected devices.

On my Mk7 Golf it just displays an envelope icon on the main screen by the signal strength indicator. No other audio or visual indicator. Cant read them from the maxidot either.

Edited by pipsypreturns
  • Like 1

Hi, have you made sure that you have checked "Enable Notifications" on your iphone?

Go to Bluetooth > My Devices. Then select the information icon next to your cars bluetooth connection and make sure "Enable Notifications" is checked.

I found out that this is not enabled by default so text functionalilty was not working on my Bolero. Once I enabled this the sms button appeared and I can now view sent and received messages. You can also have them read out aloud.