Emissions scandal recall

This whole thing is weird. I have my car not in the list of affected vehicles (http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions) but the local Skoda website says that I'm in :D

I think they still have mess with all that.

Anyway, the local dealer hasn't told me anything (he's got my address and phone number). Even if the did, I probably wouldn't do anything (just because: 1) I got mapped EGR; 2) I don't see any point of doing that.

The tester said " look at this, however hard I try and rev the engine it will not go beyond 2000 revs during the emissions test, result 0 emissions!"

Interesting.

When in neutral the car limits the maximum RPM, this is the same on most if not all VAG cars.

It is a protection system, nothing I understand to do with emissions...

• 3 weeks later...

Second letter received 16/12/15 similar to first but.and it a big but.

OUR OBJECTIVE IS TO ACHIEVE THE APPLICABLE EMISSION TARGETS WITHOUT AFFECTING ENGINE OUTPUT! FUEL CONSUMPTION OR PERFORMANCE,HOWEVER AS ALL MODEL VARIANTS

HAVE TO BE MEASURED FIRST,WE CANNOT GIVE A FINAL CONFIRMATION OF THE RESULTS YET.

I read that as saying we have not tested each model of Skoda that needs doing yet,so bring your car in so we can play with it. Nothing to say they have found the answer without any bad effects.

This is VAG trying there best to keep the lid on it,why are they not telling us that they are only going to remove cheat mode and leave the map as it was,is this because they have to alter every thing who knows

Dark and mushrooms comes to mind.I suspect everybody will hold back until we have a clearer view on this. When I questioned my local dealer service manager,for a honest answer the person said don't bother bringing it in.

• 7 months later...

I think this is the way forward guys. It's a petition to make VW UK pay out.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/make-vw-pay-for-their-corporate-fraud

They've paid out $10k or bought the cars back in the US.  I don't see why it should be different for us here in the UK.  Please sign and spread on social media.

Regards,

Dr Spankle

Edited by Drspankle

It all seems to have gone very quiet over here. Haven't had a letter for ages. Perhaps the hope is everyone will just forget. And I agree it does seem a bit discriminatory that the US should be treated differently.

When in neutral the car limits the maximum RPM, this is the same on most if not all VAG cars.

It is a protection system, nothing I understand to do with emissions...

If you turn the traction control off you can rev it to your hearts content

• 4 weeks later...