KX51 KU02 KU52 Reg Octavia 4x4s

Is it me, or is there a disproportionately large amount of mk1 4x4 with the reg nos starting KX51, KU02 and KU52?

Were these all registered by Skoda Head Office to drum up some sales in the early days of the 4x4?

It seems that most adverts you see for a 4x4, are one of those, especially KX51. There seems to be a batch load of these with the reg KX51 U**

Edited by softscoop

A few months ago I was talking to a Sales man at my local dealers and he told me that if you buy a Skoda which has been run by Skoda you can tell by the first two letters of the reg number which department/what the car was used for. He showed me on is Computer the letters and where the the cars had been, which letters to avoid, ie Hire cars, press cars, managers cars, pool cars etc etc.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

This DVLA leaflet is useful: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/359317/INF104_160914.pdf

It shows that the registration is issued to Northampton and Borhamwood. There is a Skoda dealer near the Skoda headquarters in Milton Keynes and my guess is that Northampton is the local registration place.