Cruise control retrofit to Fabia Mk3

Td-eye

I'm soon to be getting a Fabia 1.0S for my wife, just as a matter of interest is it possible to retrofit cruise control to this model?

I've retrofitted cruise control to my own Golf & also to my wife's current Fabia Mk1 so I have an idea as to how it's done, I also have VCDS so I can probably enable it as well.

Has anyone here done this?

Are the cruise control stalks readily available, and where is the best place to get them?

Anyone?  :happy:  

• 1 month later...

Available now. One of the part numbers 6V0054691A (check spec of your vehicle).

Cost £123 + fitting time aprox. 2.5h 

Thanks for the part number, might give it a go at some point.

An MQB platform car will no doubt require odis online functions activation to get it working.

Sadly not just a case of long coding adaptions on vcds anymore.

Ok, thanks for that info, I might just give it a miss in that case.  :notme:

In theory the MK2 Fabia should be done via SVM on ODIS. However everyone I have tried my that method has encountered some issue. They dropped the option of entering a single code to activate it on the kits now as it never worked properly. VCDS works every time by selecting just two tick boxes.

Not done a MK3 however, I would assume they have sorted the SVM coding though.

• Like 1

Is Odis ever completely reliable Ross?

50% of installs I've done on octavia 3s still need intervention with vcds to actually activate the function in 01 and 16 or you can try technicals method of running the function clearing system protocol twice.

PITA.

I know most of the time a call is required to technical as they can still access all the frozen out options in ODIS. At least there was a fighting chance when Self Diagnosis was on there. Wouldn't be unheard of for my local dealer to ask me to pop in the VCDS and code one.