Should the spanner light flash on initial start up when last service only 2 months <50 miles ago?

Hi, I brought a 1.2TDI Greenline 2 weeks ago from a dealer ~ 60 miles away.

When I initially start the car the service warning word flashes, I have the number 1 on the display which I think relates to the service interval.

The car has 2 main dealer services and a service stamp from the dealership I brought the vehicle from, done in August - I brought the car 6 weeks later with minimal mileage added since the service.

Should the service word come on - I presume the car has at least 12 months before another service is due - we only cover ~ 5000 miles a year.

Can anyone clarify this for me please - I have read posts about resetting this but is it normal?

Many thanks,

Andy

The servicing dealer should have reset the service interval when the car was last serviced so it should not happen.  Unless you are near the servicing dealer sometime, have a go at doing the reset yourself.