HID gone

So after fitting HID and cancellers to my 2010 octy VRS I've taken them out.. trying to code them in with VCDS I seem not to have any of the options everyone else has all that it states is bi-xenon with shutters and that's it think there 24 byte and 30 byte module mine the 24...so they were flashing on beam so fitted cancellers which sorted this our but then one bulb would randomly switch off and warning light would come on... no idea on how to get them to work shame as looked much better so now finding there way to the bin

I'd try ticking byte 14 bit 4 as it should keep the dipped beams on with main beams and sort out any bulb warnings. Depending on your CECM there might not be a description so you need to do it manually by editing the bit field or hex.

Still, as it's a FL removing the HID kit is probably they right plan to avoid any potential issues in the future.

Byte 14 bit 4 (which is unmarked in VCDS) worked for me on my FL VRS. They've been working fine for nearly a year now.

This is the post which got mine working first time:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/264447-hid-aftermaket-kit-help-for-definitive-how-to/#entry3124951

Give it a try before you bin them!