which model does have cruise control and mpg

wesleyuk

hi guys

which citigo model does have the cruise control and mpg

i had the courtesy car for weeks when my vrs in for a new engine. a brand new citigo monte carlo. it didnt had the cruise control and the mpg. very very basic car. 

i loved the citigo so much lol 

IF.......i get the citigo in the future, which trim model does have cruise control and mpg. 

thanks

The convenience pack is an option on SE, SE L and Monte Carlo (not S and probably not Black again). It contains trip computer (mpg, range, engine temp etc), cruise control and rear parking sensors. The PID offers sat nav, bluetooth and all trip computer functions (whether you have the trip computer or not) on any Citigo and is standard on all but S and SE models. An advantage of having the trip computer is being able to see the digital mph readout as the top part of the speedo can be obscured by the wheel (and, or course, all the trip computer functions on the instrument readout without getting out the PID). I am loving my Citigo and have gone all soft on the heated seats, too (standard on SE L or part of the Winter Pack option on SE). If you want alloy wheels and heated seats, you are better off going for SE L than SE but if you only want cruise and trip you can save money on an SE. If you like the black details of the Monte you can have cruise as an option but you can also get black alloys and the black dash on an SE L now for £100 and £150 respectively. So many choices. PS I am quite excited that it seems you can now get the black dash for free if you spec beige trim - it has now appeared in new SE L pattern on the configurator - if that makes any sense!! Good luck.

thanks guys

the black monte i had did not had the PID probably been removed by the dealership, also did not had the cruise control nor rear parking sensors. 

you say the trip functions on the instrument readout without the PID. i remember i spent like 20 mins playing with buttons to find the mpg but couldnt find it! 

No - you would have the trip functions on the instrument readout ONLY if you had the trip computer but you only get that with the optional convenience pack (trip computer, cruise and reversing sensors) which you didn't have. It is controlled by the button on the right stalk like a Fabia etc etc. You can also get all the info at once on the screen of the PID (if attached!) even if you do not spec the trip computer. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

hi guys

which citigo model does have the cruise control and mpg

i had the courtesy car for weeks when my vrs in for a new engine. a brand new citigo monte carlo. it didnt had the cruise control and the mpg. very very basic car. 

i loved the citigo so much lol 

IF.......i get the citigo in the future, which trim model does have cruise control and mpg. 

thanks

Our Citigo has the cruise option fitted, now there is something i find really good on the citigo.

If you say set the cruise to 50mph, but then use the accelerator to go to 60mph it will on release of the accelerator go back to 50mph and not cancel the setting

also on the stalk there is a the resume button to your last selected speed if you press the brake to cancel

Our Citigo has the cruise option fitted, now there is something i find really good on the citigo.

If you say set the cruise to 50mph, but then use the accelerator to go to 60mph it will on release of the accelerator go back to 50mph and not cancel the setting

also on the stalk there is a the resume button to your last selected speed if you press the brake to cancel

All cars fitted with cruise do this :-)

Citigouk, have you tried using the resume button from low speed? I am guessing your ASG will change up through the gears to resume the set speed (my Fabia DSG did). I actually found it quite useful from hairpin bends or roundabouts. Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

Citigouk, have you tried using the resume button from low speed? I am guessing your ASG will change up through the gears to resume the set speed (my Fabia DSG did). I actually found it quite useful from hairpin bends or roundabouts. Andy.

Yes it does, although its quite sedate about doing this, (older cars with CC used to accelerate pretty hard to get back to the speed, to the point with an old Vauxhall it was quicker than burying the loud pedal),

CitigoUK, which one? I've never known a car turn the CC off for touching the throttle, the brake or clutch yes, but never the throttle

• Like 1

It tends to kick down too slowly when climbing a steeper hill, sometimes it should drop 2 and not 1, although in fairness it does drop gear again and regain the speed its lost (one section on my commute it can loose almost 10mph,  on more gradual hills its fine 

Overtaking and for roundabouts etc somebody on here suggested flooring the throttle for a split second to get it to drop a gear or two, which I've started to use a fair bit. I don't use the manual bit much at all. sometimes for overtakes, definitely for engine braking down steep hills. Having said that I did have a play in manual mode today in a dual carriageway section with loads on roundabouts, it still amazes me the pickup (if you keep it revving) for 60bhp, and the cornering ability!!

• Like 1

Thanks for that wizzi. Sounds good. I am enjoying the cornering too. It will shift if you change down and keeps its speed pretty well on hills. The cruise control keeps speed better than my MINI did (both manual) but on the Citigo some of the steep hills do pose more of a challenge due to the smaller engine - you might try nudging the lever forward when you know it is a steep hill to pre-empt the changedown. I think with the ASG you can just nudge it to over-ride temporarily without changing to full manual which I believe is just knocking it to the left (I am assuming if springs back to the middle - in my DSG it stayed in a left plane for manual). Andy.