Roomster rear aerial / antenna replacement

DeeGee74

I broke the aerial on my Roomster last week reversing into my garage.( The aerial is rear fitting on a 2008 car) .  I contacted my local Skoda garage for a replacement who said I can't buy just the antenna but I also have to get the base fitting as well.  For the garage to fit the whole thing, they quoted me £134.40 !!   :peek:  

Plan B is to buy a replacement from eBay.  They have loads of cheap ones available but I don't think any are the right type. 

Any ideas where I can get a replacement antenna?

Than

I have a spare antenna, it's the one about 12". I changed mine for a shorter one. You are welcome to have it if I can locate it. Should be in the car, but wife has the car at work.

Edited by bryanb

The dealer is talking rubbish and trying to screw you.  I bought the standard short antenna (about 6 or 7 inches long) to replace the 12 inch one on my Fabia.  As we don't have a local Skoda dealer, I bought it from the local VW dealer.  I got a registration number from a Polo they had for sale on their forecourt, gave them that and they ordered the antennal for me.  Arrived in a couple of days and was around £10 if I remember correctly.  Just screws on.

You have to be as cute as they are these days I'm afraid.

Yes.  But it is easier for them to find the correct part number if you can give them a registration number to look it up against.  Just find a Polo with the antenna you want and give the registration number to them.  As I said, I just took a number from a Polo the dealer had for sale on their forecourt.