I need an intercooler. Where from?

Serviced the VRS today and while I was under there noticed the front corner of the engine tray was oily, tray off and I'm 90% sure it's from the bottom corner of my intercooler :( There's oil all the way along the front underneath it.

Phoned Skoda, they want £280 inc VAT. (plus over £250 ish to fit).

I'll probably fit it myself but where's best to buy one from? Euro Car Parts have a Hella listed for £165 (and an unknown brand for £115).

Am I likely to get better than the Hella anywhere?

Cheers :)

Funny enough I've been looking at the same thing today!  I came to the conclusion that the Hella part was the one to go for. The Hella intercooler is probably guaranteed for a few years which is always worth having.  The unknown brands are probably OK but I am not prepared to risk it.  

Edited by SkodaKitteh

I'd yours split too?

I'm going to go with the Hella. I think I'll get it ordered.

Going to order a condenser as well as my Aircon is losing gas so I'll check it out at the same time.

Now any guides on where all the screws are holding the front end?

Luckily mine is still in working order and it looks quite new so I presume the previous owner had it fitted. Still got stone and insect damage on the lower half though.  I'm going to try to protect it with some plastic mesh as the grille is wide enough to let a bus through !

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/378486-are-all-octavia-grilles-the-same/

My condenser looks totally smashed on the bottom half and my Aircon loses pressure. I've checked (with a UV light) and can't see any leaks but there's a good chance that's where it's leaking. If not it's time to change it anyway because of the state it's in and I'm only wanting to take the bumper off once.

I've been looking at doing something behind the grill to protect it, I think there's a cover that clips over the condenser from a Golf but fits. Will try and find one, if not I'll go the mesh route.

I bought mine from eBay. Was a golf one I think.

Mike unzipped I posted a tread about it.

I jet washed it inside n out before fitting and job done.

I have a pair of bottom hoses available if you need them for a fair offer.

It's not a difficult job just takes hours because of all the crap you have to remove. Headlights bumpers wheel arch lining, front structural member etc etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check this one out  chaps http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/372111-aircon-pump-condensor/

I changed my air-con pump & condenser click on the link for navmans how-to ( great guide ), it is a pain to do, it took me the best part of 7 hours.