Best way to dispose of an Octavia

Have received back from a friend my 2000 X plate Octavia SLX estate 1.9tdi 110 Bhp in Nature Green  that I bought new for about £14K. I was a Skoda evangelist in those days.  Although it runs and drives and is repairable  it is probably beyond economic repair (and that takes a lot for me to say, believe me!) It has done mega mega miles and has served us more than well. But it now needs a new flywheel and clutch, various electric window parts, a brake overhaul, tyres, some bodywork, no doubt a battery, etc etc and is filthy inside from cigar smoke by the previous encumbant. 

I would think it would make about £150 on eBay and I cant bring myself to just weigh it but wouldnt like to see it put back on the road and abused or cloned.  Had some really great times in that car! What should I do with it to maximise its value ? 

Been thinking about breaking it myself. Which parts are in demand and how best to do it? 

Edited by moatmeister

If you have the room and storage I'd break it personally. Engine, gearbox that sort of stuff sells easy. Maybe interior bits too. Just a side note. You may be left with parts sat around for a while due to demand.

If you can strip down to bare shell. Box up everything into categories then weigh in bare shell. So just the chassis and main body. All panels off it

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Edited by J306TD

If it was me I'd put it up on ebay with a realistic reserve and see where it goes. As its a MK1 X-reg 2000 it maybe a pre-facelift model, a lot of front end parts are only of use to someone with that year car. If it's done very, very high miles, you probably won't sell the running gear very easily seperatley. I'm not in any way saying its not worth breaking, it's just my opinion of what I would do. Hope that helps in some way?

Edited by Guest

Just to clarify I dont want to repair it and use it as I have no use for otherwise that is probably what I would do. I put 200k motorway miles on it with absolutely no problems before letting my freind have it for his surveyor to use in his business. We have more than had  our use out of it!.

• 2 weeks later...

Try www.SellYourJamJar.co.uk

It's a compare site -  here's a result for my Octavia...

SellYourJamJar

On my 04 Berlingo I was quoted £160. PX for this Octavia and got £50 knocked off. Offered £25 for scrap.

Basicly it's a case of convenience!

Edited by 4tplus